Introduction

GTCarlos

Introduction

Post by GTCarlos » Fri Feb 11, 2022 8:11 pm

Hi All,
I've always loved big singles. I've had Ducati 350s and 450s, a couple of MZ 660s, a couple of big Japanese singles, a BMW F650... and I've always longed for an Armstrong or HD MT500. On the few occasions I've found one for sale, they're rather scarce here in The States, the timing, budget or something else has gotten in the way.

I recently came across a Harris era Matchless G80 which will be my current stand-in for the MT. It has the electric start version of the Rotax 500 pushing around a charming collection of parts from England, Italy, the US and probably elsewhere. It came to me as a "project" bike and I'm joining up here to learn from you all about the vagaries, care and feeding of the Rotax engine. Yes, I'm technically an interloper but an earnest MT Rider Wanna Be.

Home is is Oakland, California, about 9 miles E. of San Francisco. Good riding country and great riding weather (except for a persistant drought).

I hope to be out on the road soon with my new toy and maybe to see some of you in person one day.

Regards,

-Danny Aarons
2 x

Fergie

Re: Introduction

Post by Fergie » Sat Feb 12, 2022 8:39 pm

Hello Danny,

and welcome to the forum.
You should be able to find all the Rotax information you need here. I also have a Harris Matchless 500, as well as a couple of MT350s. Lovely bikes.

I’m in Scotland which is definitely not having a drought, more like almost continuous rain. I don’t expect to ride a bike for at least another month.

Cheers,

John
0 x

Force Motorcycles

Re: Introduction

Post by Force Motorcycles » Tue Feb 15, 2022 11:04 am

Welcome to the forum :D

Force
0 x
Force Motorcycles - The World's Largest MT350 and MT500 Parts Dealer

The UK's ONLY Exclusive and Official ROTAX Parts Dealer

:arrow: Visit Our Online Store

:arrow: Follow Force Motorcycles on Facebook!