MT500 - Modern Panniers

members own home-made or self sourced MT related items
NeilM

MT500 - Modern Panniers

Post by NeilM » Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:49 pm

These are not made by me but by my son.

He is a one man band bag maker and makes all sorts of bags, pouches and sewn accessories for cyclists. Knowing he works in some pretty robust materials I aksed if he could make me a set of three bags to fit my MT500.

Once he had the dimensions he realised he had a set of four cycle panniers that had been returned. Don't know what the original customer didn't like, but their loss is my gain. These are the bags in the photos below.

As he makes every bag by hand, it is possible to vary the features and dimensions to suit, so if you want a taller roll top that's easy, or some netting on the side, or even a map window, just e-mail him with your requirements.

These bags are made from D10 water resistant nylon, but he usually puts a lining of waterproof material into the bags. A rough price would be around £70 per bag, with a bit of a reduction for a set of two or three, like I say, e-mail him to discuss what you want.

He has access to a wide variety of colours and usually keeps olive green and black in stock, but there are a number of camo patterns that he can get hold of.

This is his web site, you won't find any motorcycle bags on it, but his contact details are there: https://www.mackworkshop.com/

Here are a few pictures of my bike / bags.

Last edited by NeilM on Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
2 x

twmtomos1

Re: MT500 - Modern Panniers

Post by twmtomos1 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:21 pm

nice looking bike
0 x

NeilM

Re: MT500 - Modern Panniers

Post by NeilM » Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:40 am

Thanks.

It looks slightly more presentable in the pictures than it does in the flesh.
0 x