Mt350

Before you can go any further, you must make an short introductory post here. Once you have done that you will get full access.
Forum rules
Please write a quick introduction. Which MT do you have or which one are you yearning for!....

Once we have been introduced, one of the admin team will upgrade your registration to standard.

Please note that if you are joining only to sell something, even if its an MT, you MUST ask first or your post will be deleted.

All new members are required to complete their locations (approximate) in your Profile and you are welcome to add your position in the 'Phoogle' map. Full instructions below.

Users who post less than 1 post per month may find their registration removed, this is our housekeeping not being militant!

Persevere - we're worth it!

Any probs or questions, please email us using the 'Contact Us' button at the top of your page.
Wirralman

Re: Mt350

Post by Wirralman » Mon May 03, 2021 8:40 pm

It might be worth opening the drain screw to clear the floatbowl of any old fuel

As Dave says check cambelt is intact also check it hasn't slipped on worn pulleys - do all timing marks line up ?
0 x

Bravito

Post by Bravito » Tue May 04, 2021 11:31 am

Thanks guys
Tomorrow morning I'll have a couple of hours to check this...forwarding the carb I can't take it off... Don't know what to do...

Best
0 x

Wirralman

Post by Wirralman » Tue May 04, 2021 12:14 pm

Bravito wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 11:31 am
Thanks guys
Tomorrow morning I'll have a couple of hours to check this...forwarding the carb I can't take it off... Don't know what to do...

Best
I only managed to take MT350 carbs off by removing the airbox and battery tray. I found it easier to detach the enrichener cable at the handlebar end. Detaching the two throttle cables by slacking them off is easy enough but make a note of the cable routing before you touch them. I found it useful to put different coloured tape on the cables so that I knew which fitted where. If you're going to remove and refit the carb, I'd renew the cables at the same time. Some owners run with just a single cable and rely on the spring to close the throttle. Old cables dry out and don't move as easily as new ones.

I can't remember from your posts whether you've ever had the bike running ?
0 x

Bravito

Post by Bravito » Tue May 04, 2021 12:54 pm

yes the bike was running very smooth, but then was stopped for 2 weeks with the snow and after that ... nothing.
ive just checked the belt and all is fine, ive done pull of the spark as well...
im pretty sure is the carburetor... not sure if im able to do it though... but ill try.
also ive just spotted that the CARBURETOR AIR BOX RUBBER BOOT is a bit ripe... could that be it???
Really appreciate the help guys...
0 x

Wirralman

Post by Wirralman » Tue May 04, 2021 2:22 pm

Rubber boot split ! Yep that could well be your problem. Wrap gaffa tape around it and see if the engine runs. If your bike was running fine recently , I doubt that it's dirt in the carb , it's unlikely that a piece of your carb rubber has broken off and been sucked in, but anything is possible.

You should be able to cut your old boot off easily enough and a new one will be far more supple so you should be able to get that on without disturbing the carb
0 x