Before you can go any further, you must make an short introductory post here. Once you have done that you will get full access.
Forum rules
Please write a quick introduction. Which MT do you have or which one are you yearning for!....

Once we have been introduced, one of the admin team will upgrade your registration to standard.

Please note that if you are joining only to sell something, even if its an MT, you MUST ask first or your post will be deleted.

All new members are required to complete their locations (approximate) in your Profile and you are welcome to add your position in the 'Phoogle' map. Full instructions below.

Users who post less than 1 post per month may find their registration removed, this is our housekeeping not being militant!

Persevere - we're worth it!

Any probs or questions, please email us using the 'Contact Us' button at the top of your page.
Stuart Reds

Post by Stuart Reds » Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:05 pm

Hi all and thankyou for letting me join. I have just purchased a mt350e and all was well for 7 miles anyway.
It then cut out and won,t start again. Looking forward to tips tricks and enjoying this fun machine.
Thanks Stuart
0 x

Minter

Re: New member

Post by Minter » Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:35 pm

Welcome to the forum Stuart..

Some bikes need more TLC than others depending on the bikes history. But overall great fun and a great following on here..

If you get really stuck, just give us a call at Sportax, been working on MT's since 1986!

Gary
Sportax Racing
01952 850802
1 x
SPORTAX Racing ROTAX
http://www.sportaxracing.co.uk
MTRC Shopkeeper
http://sportaxracing.co.uk/product-category/mtrc-shop/
Manuals & Technical Publications on above MTRC shop link

Wirralman

Post by Wirralman » Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:43 pm

Welcome to the forum

Try the easy stuff first
Do you have
a spark
Fuel
Oil
Serviceable cambelt

I have seen MTs stop due to the lack of all three
One of my MTs started on the button then failed to spin over only 20 miles later after a short stop- the battery had died

Have a look around the forum , there are many many threads, the Search facility may be useful

Good luck
2 x

Force Motorcycles

Post by Force Motorcycles » Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:53 am

Welcome Stuart!

Enjoy the bike.

Force
1 x
Force Motorcycles - The World's Largest MT350 and MT500 Parts Dealer

The UK's Exclusive and Official ROTAX Parts Dealer

:arrow: Visit Our Online Store

:arrow: Follow Force Motorcycles on Facebook!

Stuart Reds

Post by Stuart Reds » Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:18 pm

Thanks for your replys, will be having a good tinker with the bike over the weekend, it has a spark and oil now moving onto fuel, will definatly be looking on this site for info. Again thankyou for warm welcome
Many thanks Stuart
1 x

Wirralman

Post by Wirralman » Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:07 pm

Stuart Reds wrote: ↑
Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:18 pm
Thanks for your replys, will be having a good tinker with the bike over the weekend, it has a spark and oil now moving onto fuel, will definatly be looking on this site for info. Again thankyou for warm welcome
Many thanks Stuart
If you have a spark, then fuel checking is next
Start with the breather in the fuel cap, loosen it - is there a sound of air rushing in ?
Do you have fresh fuel, ideally run an auxiliary fuel supply bypassing the tank and fuel tap running directly to the carb NB drain the float bowl of any old fuel first

There is a starter circuit in the carb via an enrichener, if that is clogged it will be very hard to start from cold ( I wouldn't advise removing this with the carb in situ, the best plan is to detach at the handlebar end and remove carb with enrichener cable)

If there is an anti-tilt valve, discard it as they can jam cutting off fuel

The carb is a pig to remove, I found removal of the airbox necessary NB The airbox/carb rubber age hardens but can be softened using a hot air blower/ hairdrier. That said, the following may prove beneficial- stripping the carb, cleaning jets, checking float actually floats, cleaning out the tiny enrichener drilling, fitting a No 42 pilot rather than the standard 40, checking that main spring isn't worn ( flattened sides), diaphram intact - flexible with no holes etc

Some would advocate drilling holes raising needle, cutting airbox at the same time but that adds another layer of change. Personally, I work on the basis that if it won't work in standard trim, why introduce another layer of complexity.

Hopefully you won't need to remove the carb and can just enjoy your new ride

Good luck
2 x

P.I.STAKER

Post by P.I.STAKER » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:31 pm

HI and welcome to the club

good luck sorting out your issues

https://sites.google.com/site/gvsparts/
0 x
ARMSTRONG MT500 1984
BMW R1100S