Repeat offender in West Yorkshire

Before you can go any further, you must make an short introductory post here. Once you have done that you will get full access.
Forum rules
Please write a quick introduction. Which MT do you have or which one are you yearning for!....

Once we have been introduced, one of the admin team will upgrade your registration to standard.

Please note that if you are joining only to sell something, even if its an MT, you MUST ask first or your post will be deleted.

All new members are required to complete their locations (approximate) in your Profile and you are welcome to add your position in the 'Phoogle' map. Full instructions below.

Users who post less than 1 post per month may find their registration removed, this is our housekeeping not being militant!

Persevere - we're worth it!

Any probs or questions, please email us using the 'Contact Us' button at the top of your page.
Wharfe

Repeat offender in West Yorkshire

Post by Wharfe » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:25 pm

Now then...
Once upon a time (like, 10 years+ ago) I was the proud owner of an MT350 - fine machine it was too, got me back into biking, and, possibly literally, saved my sanity. I posted here under the alias of Bingoronnie. The bike got nicked, I got married (the two events unconnected) and I dropped off the forum. Still biking, still married, still sane, just about, and very possibly soon back in the market for another MT350 . So, here I am. How do? Hoping it's the same friendly helpful but irreverent place it was back then and hoping no-one's grown up too much.
0 x

Minter

Re: Repeat offender in West Yorkshire

Post by Minter » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:09 pm

Hi Bingoronnie!

Welcome back!

Not much changed here!

Check the MT riders FB page as a nice 350 just advertised there..

Hope that helps

Gary
Sportax Racing
01952 850802
0 x
SPORTAX Racing ROTAX
http://www.sportaxracing.co.uk
MTRC Shopkeeper
http://sportaxracing.co.uk/product-category/mtrc-shop/
Manuals & Technical Publications on above MTRC shop link

Wirralman

Post by Wirralman » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:39 pm

Welcome back
The forum is significantly less active than it used to be, but it is still here

There are far more events than years ago and more MT fettling ( Check out Deadgrass MT- he lives in your neck of the woods) Sportax offers mechanical support courtesy of Minter.
1 x

Wharfe

Post by Wharfe » Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:48 pm

Thanks all! Cheers for the advice etc. Don't do facebook unfortunately (as I am innately antisocial, I don't meet the entry requirements for social media :lol: ) but will find a way onto it I'm sure. There is a geezer near me called diesel Dave Varley who advertises on t'Bay, I was planning on paying him a visit sometime soon.
0 x

Bonnielad
Global Moderator

Post by Bonnielad » Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:43 pm

Welcome back. The White Rose Army marches on! I will ask the lad that's selling the 350 to post it on here. I think you have a better chance of buying a well-sorted bike if you get one from a club member. He's in North Wales but I can vouch for the bike. North Wales isn't too far away, especially when Sheffield is close to Ilkley (well, I suppose it looks it from the wrong side of the Pennines :lol: ).
0 x
1985 Armstrong MT500 "Black Bomber"'
1964 Triumph Tiger Cub TR20 Trials Works Replica
2013 BMW F800GS Adventure

twmtomos1

Post by twmtomos1 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:15 am

welcome to the club
0 x

Minter

Post by Minter » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:22 am

Wharfe wrote: ↑
Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:48 pm
Thanks all! Cheers for the advice etc. Don't do facebook unfortunately (as I am innately antisocial, I don't meet the entry requirements for social media :lol: ) but will find a way onto it I'm sure. There is a geezer near me called diesel Dave Varley who advertises on t'Bay, I was planning on paying him a visit sometime soon.
You can access FB through our link on our website if you don't already have an account.. link to website is below.
0 x
SPORTAX Racing ROTAX
http://www.sportaxracing.co.uk
MTRC Shopkeeper
http://sportaxracing.co.uk/product-category/mtrc-shop/
Manuals & Technical Publications on above MTRC shop link

Force Motorcycles

Post by Force Motorcycles » Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:31 pm

Welcome back to the forum!

Force
0 x
Force Motorcycles - The World's Largest MT350 and MT500 Parts Dealer

The UK's Exclusive and Official ROTAX Parts Dealer

:arrow: Visit Our Online Store

:arrow: Follow Force Motorcycles on Facebook!

CarneddauMT

Post by CarneddauMT » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:57 pm

Sadly its my bike thats for sale in North Wales. I will be gutted to see it go, the only reason for sale is two children <3 and lower income due to job change have made things awkward.

Doing a deal with myself to say I will not let it go any cheaper and if it does not go for what I am asking I will keep it.

Took it for a ride today and it started on the button. Its a shame because two friends are on MT's locally and we do quite a bit of laning.
0 x
MT350
Honda Hornet
Rmz 250
Montessa 247 Cota
Beta Techno 250
Yamaha RT 100
All sold sadly apart from the MT

Land Rover Series 3 1978 running a 200 tdi
Land Rover Series 2 1959 2.25 petrol being rebuilt