Newbie in the West

Before you can go any further, you must make an short introductory post here. Once you have done that you will get full access.
Forum rules
Please write a quick introduction. Which MT do you have or which one are you yearning for!....

Once we have been introduced, one of the admin team will upgrade your registration to standard.

Please note that if you are joining only to sell something, even if its an MT, you MUST ask first or your post will be deleted.

All new members are required to complete their locations (approximate) in your Profile and you are welcome to add your position in the 'Phoogle' map. Full instructions below.

Users who post less than 1 post per month may find their registration removed, this is our housekeeping not being militant!

Persevere - we're worth it!

Any probs or questions, please email us using the 'Contact Us' button at the top of your page.
NeilM

Newbie in the West

Post by NeilM » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:45 am

Morning all, my name is Neil, I live in the South West and I am just about to retire.

Having ridden bikes since I was 16 but not owned one in a while (last bike was a Buell S3) I thought something slower but more adaptable may keep me alive longer, plus I have a trip planned to visit relatives in war graves in France during 2019.

I have a pile of British bike bits to sell and thought these would easily cover the price of a new bike, but it appears I was a little over optimistic, so this morning I started searching for something more fitting to my budget and discovered the MT500 and MT350.... Ohhhh Yeah!

So, the bits need to be catalogued.... ohh OK, dragged out of the basement, and sold and then the search will start for an MT.
0 x

Minter

Re: Newbie in the West

Post by Minter » Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:18 am

Welcome to the forum Neil,

Good luck with the sales and search for an MT

Gary
Sportax Racing
0 x
SPORTAX Racing ROTAX
http://www.sportaxracing.co.uk
MTRC Shopkeeper
http://sportaxracing.co.uk/product-category/mtrc-shop/
Manuals & Technical Publications on above MTRC shop link

Force Motorcycles

Post by Force Motorcycles » Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:10 am

Welcome to the forum Neil.

Let us know if there's anything we can help with!

Check out our website as we currently have an MT350 for sale.

Force
0 x
Force Motorcycles - The World's Largest MT350 and MT500 Parts Dealer

The UK's Exclusive and Official ROTAX Parts Dealer

:arrow: Visit Our Online Store

:arrow: Follow Force Motorcycles on Facebook!

NeilM

Post by NeilM » Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:55 pm

Thanks Guys.

Force, yours was the first web site I visited... well after the dreaded bay that is, experience tells me to ALWAYS look at spares availability before you go looking for a bike.

Gary, I think I've been on your site too and if not I soon will.

The 500 appeals in having just a bit more speed, especially when riding to the Somme, but there seem to be less of them about, plus the 350 can take a rifle case... and I'm a shooter too, so.... this is where the search begins.
1 x

Wirralman

Post by Wirralman » Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:22 pm

Welcome to the forum
0 x

Minter

Post by Minter » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:59 pm

NeilM wrote: ↑
Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:55 pm
Thanks Guys.

Force, yours was the first web site I visited... well after the dreaded bay that is, experience tells me to ALWAYS look at spares availability before you go looking for a bike.

Gary, I think I've been on your site too and if not I soon will.

The 500 appeals in having just a bit more speed, especially when riding to the Somme, but there seem to be less of them about, plus the 350 can take a rifle case... and I'm a shooter too, so.... this is where the search begins.
Cheers Neil, hope you enjoyed the website. You may have already seen the engine upgrades we do for the 350 doubling the rear wheel horsepower with reliability too. Three of the 405cc engines I've built have ridden to Spain and back reaching speeds of over 100mph! - they must have gone via Germany!.

Check out the MT riders FB page a nice 350 just advertised..
0 x
SPORTAX Racing ROTAX
MTRC Shopkeeper

NeilM

Post by NeilM » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:36 pm

Gary, indeed I have seen your 405cc kits.

Nuf Sed :mrgreen:
0 x

Minter

Post by Minter » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:17 am

The one for sale in Wales already has a Sportax exhaust and carb.

The 405 kit would complete the jigsaw!

Good luck as I'm tempted on this one myself!
0 x
SPORTAX Racing ROTAX
MTRC Shopkeeper

NeilM

Post by NeilM » Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:40 pm

I'm sitting on my hands here, as I am waiting to hear back from a guy who wants to buy all my Brit bike bits.

What I am selling should more than cover that MT in Wales, but until I hear back I can do very little.

It's so FRUSTRATING :evil:

Think happy thoughts, thinkhappy thoughts, thinkhappythoughts.....
0 x

Wirralman

Post by Wirralman » Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:43 pm

NeilM wrote: ↑
Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:40 pm
What I am selling should more than cover that MT in Wales, but until I hear back I can do very little.
There is a declared gearbox whine on that bike. Gearbox whine is unusual on MTs. You may wish to find out about the cost of a fixing that and factor it into the total price of the bike.

It is very easy to get excited about the prospect of a 'new' bike. It has been mentioned a few times on this forum by people who have bought with their heart rather than their heads only to find that their walet suffers. When buying your first MT especially it's easy to get carried away

Caveat emptor ( buyer beware) as the Romans put it
0 x