Before you can go any further, you must make an short introductory post here. Once you have done that you will get full access.
Forum rules
Please write a quick introduction. Which MT do you have or which one are you yearning for!....

Once we have been introduced, one of the admin team will upgrade your registration to standard.

Please note that if you are joining only to sell something, even if its an MT, you MUST ask first or your post will be deleted.

All new members are required to complete their locations (approximate) in your Profile and you are welcome to add your position in the 'Phoogle' map. Full instructions below.

Users who post less than 1 post per month may find their registration removed, this is our housekeeping not being militant!

Persevere - we're worth it!

Any probs or questions, please email us using the 'Contact Us' button at the top of your page.
Charlie350

Post by Charlie350 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:26 pm

Hello,

I have just purchased an MT350 and will be collecting it next week. It is also my first motorbike, so I will have to ride it with L plates until October! :D

I'm really looking forward to driving it and maybe taking it to some shows! This website seems to have lots of information so it would be great to be a member.

All the best,

Charlie
0 x

12royal

Re: New member

Post by 12royal » Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:07 pm

Welcome to the forum Charlie :D
Not sure about the L plates tho ?
but as my wife says, I know nowt 😱
Regards , Alan
0 x
MT350

Wirralman

Post by Wirralman » Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:45 pm

Welcome to the forum

I don't know the regulations these days but I thought L plates and an MT350 is a no-no
0 x

Charlie350

Post by Charlie350 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:07 pm

Yes that does appear to be the case... Looks like I will have to wait until October to ride it! :(

Hopefully the wait will make my first ride on it a little bit sweeter? :lol:
0 x

Wirralman

Post by Wirralman » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:47 pm

Charlie350 wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:07 pm
Yes that does appear to be the case... Looks like I will have to wait until October to ride it! :(

Hopefully the wait will make my first ride on it a little bit sweeter? :lol:
Just don't expect a rocket ship ! Your MT is low geared and is designed to cope with a wide range of conditions, the overtaking lane of a motorway isn't one of them. What you will get is lots of smiles per 😊
0 x

Charlie350

Post by Charlie350 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:57 pm

What more could one hope for! :lol: I was originally hoping for an MT500 but couldn't turn down the 350 after seeing the great condition it is in, and disc brakes are hard to turn down

As long as it takes me to places I haven't explored yet I'm happy :D (Although my dad will be laughing his head off as he rips by me on his GSXR 1000...)

Thanks for the warm welcome
0 x

Force Motorcycles

Post by Force Motorcycles » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:49 am

Welcome to the forum, Charlie!

Force
0 x
Force Motorcycles - The World's Largest MT350 and MT500 Parts Dealer

The UK's Exclusive and Official ROTAX Parts Dealer

:arrow: Visit Our Online Store

:arrow: Follow Force Motorcycles on Facebook!

Jooles

Post by Jooles » Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:40 pm

Welcome to the forum Charlie, use the time wisely to go through the bike, checking for loose / missing nuts and bolts. Lubricate moving parts and carry out a full service if you don't know anything about the history. You wont regret your choice, an MT is more fun to ride than a resin rocket. And alot more people will notice it.
Just be careful about riding like a hooligan, your unique ride will be unmistakable....
0 x
Jooles
MT350 for the weekend
XJ600 for the week

Minter

Post by Minter » Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:18 pm

Welcome to the Forum Charlie,

Enjoy your new steed!

Wise words from Eric & Jooles as always!

Gary
Sportax Racing
0 x
SPORTAX Racing ROTAX
http://www.sportaxracing.co.uk
MTRC Shopkeeper
http://sportaxracing.co.uk/product-category/mtrc-shop/
Manuals & Technical Publications on above MTRC shop link

Charlie350

Post by Charlie350 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:21 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome Eric, Jooles, Gary and everyone!

I am now in receipt of my new steed and today completed the on-site modules of my CBT, so now I’m just looking forward to doing my tests and being able to ride it on the road!

I did notice that neither keys supplied with the bike fit into the front pannier box lock, I assume it’s common to have missing keys for these? (I’m not bothered just curious, if someone were that inclined to nick my stuff they’d just take the whole pannier :lol: )

Charlie
0 x