Sellers of second hand parts

An area for our suppliers to tell us about new products/ offers or trading news.
hounddog
Global Moderator

Sellers of second hand parts

Post by hounddog » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:39 am

From Admin
There is as we all know a problem nationally with bikes being stolen , broken up for parts and sold on auction sites , jumbles etc.
I share the same sentiments as everyone else about people who do this.
There are a great many honest businesses out there who we rely on to keep our old bikes running. The MT world is a small community, we mostly know each other and know who is selling what .
On behalf of the club , please exercise caution where you are buying from , if people we don't know suddenly pop up from nowhere with a load of MT cheap parts for sale just be careful. The old adage if it's too good to be true it probably is. It may be legit but we don't want to fuel a market for stolen parts .
It is far too easy to " ring" motorcycles as we know .
Those of us that have been on the receiving end of theft know how it feels.
Personally speaking ,I always like to trade with the suppliers we all know . But it is Caveat Emptor , (buyer beware) as general advice .

On behalf of the club , we would ask please do not name sellers you suspect may be selling stolen parts .There are serious legal issues (libel , defamation) in making allegations online that can't be proved. By all means notify the police and/or DVLA if you have reasonable suspicion of illegal activity .

Thank you

Admin
4 x
Ian
------------------------------------

Harley Davidson MT350e
Armstrong MT500e
Armstrong MT500 - next project

lardmarc

Re: Sellers of second hand parts

Post by lardmarc » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:44 am

That was tactful.
1 x
“Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so.” (Adams, 2009).

Bonnielad
Global Moderator

Post by Bonnielad » Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:35 am

Yeah, we can tell you didn't write it :lol:
4 x
1985 Armstrong MT500 "Black Bomber"'
1964 Triumph Tiger Cub TR20 Trials Works Replica
2013 BMW F800GS Adventure

Wirralman

Post by Wirralman » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:02 am

Whilst I would broadley agree with Hounddog's comment, I would advise buyers to make their own decisions

Just because a supplier's name is known is in itself no guarantee In my opinion, the forum admin team are not in a position to give endorsements on commercial enterprise, it can only offer suggestions. Caveat emptor as the Romans would say.
1 x

hounddog
Global Moderator

Post by hounddog » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:38 am

Wirralman wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:02 am
Whilst I would broadley agree with Hounddog's comment, I would advise buyers to make their own decisions

Just because a supplier's name is known is in itself no guarantee In my opinion, the forum admin team are not in a position to give endorsements on commercial enterprise, it can only offer suggestions. Caveat emptor as the Romans would say.
Thanks Eric , fair comment and agreed. We can't as an admin team endorse anyone , we can only individually judge by reputation and personal experiences
0 x
Ian
------------------------------------

Harley Davidson MT350e
Armstrong MT500e
Armstrong MT500 - next project

Barrie

Post by Barrie » Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:31 pm

Well put. Appreciate it.
I know parts for these bikes aren't cheap and the allure of getting lower than normal price on items is strong - but I always try and make sure that I first source parts from our established sellers.
In my own opinion it's the best way, sure you'll pay a little more but you'll be getting quality items, with honest origins. Importantly, with some of the profits fueling the interest of our community. And without stepping on any toes, it's my opinion that to source parts from a supplier that solely breaks popular/profitable vehicles is completely contradictory to the groups ethos. It's not going to help keep our bikes existing in the long run.

Just my 2p :mrgreen:
5 x
MT500 "Le Shuttle" In memory of Jim Burns
Jawa CZ 125
Need help uploading photos onto the forum?
click here

mt bandit

Post by mt bandit » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:48 pm

Barrie wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:31 pm
Well put. Appreciate it.
I know parts for these bikes aren't cheap and the allure of getting lower than normal price on items is strong - but I always try and make sure that I first source parts from our established sellers.
In my own opinion it's the best way, sure you'll pay a little more but you'll be getting quality items, with honest origins. Importantly, with some of the profits fueling the interest of our community. And without stepping on any toes, it's my opinion that to source parts from a supplier that solely breaks popular/profitable vehicles is completely contradictory to the groups ethos. It's not going to help keep our bikes existing in the long run.

Just my 2p :mrgreen:
well done Barrie ,
i wish i'd of put it that eliquantly the first time
1 x
Africa twin 750
honda hornet 600 now sold :(
mt 500
mt560e
can am
divorce coming soon