Yet another MT newbie!

Before you can go any further, you must make an short introductory post here. Once you have done that you will get full access.
Forum rules
Please write a quick introduction. Which MT do you have or which one are you yearning for!....

Once we have been introduced, one of the admin team will upgrade your registration to standard.

Please note that if you are joining only to sell something, even if its an MT, you MUST ask first or your post will be deleted.

All new members are required to complete their locations (approximate) in your Profile and you are welcome to add your position in the 'Phoogle' map. Full instructions below.

Users who post less than 1 post per month may find their registration removed, this is our housekeeping not being militant!

Persevere - we're worth it!

Any probs or questions, please email us using the 'Contact Us' button at the top of your page.
FZ1

Re: Yet another MT newbie!

Post by FZ1 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:11 pm

Thanks folks, all support and offers much appreciated.

Jon
0 x

FZ1

Post by FZ1 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:35 pm

A quick update:

I've had an offer accepted for 405, so when a couple of bits are sorted on it, I'll be picking it up soon - Always a good feeling, having a "new to me" bike in the pipeline!

In previous posts, I said I just wanted a commuter, but that's not the whole story.

While I won't be doing much (if any) off road riding, I will be tinkering and faffing about with it. I really miss being able to "do stuff" on my bikes (other than cosmetic stuff), so having a basic bike with a Rotax engine and a carb suits me down to the ground.

Oh, and I'm ex RAF and dead keen on military history - I can't afford a WLA, but the MT will do nicely!

Cheers,

Jon
0 x

Derrick

Post by Derrick » Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:32 pm

Welcome Jon,

The MT350 moved me around at 60pmh, loaded up with winter camping gear, but don't take on the boy racers. Having said that, it's now been upgraded to 405cc, so gets there a bit faster now.
0 x

FZ1

Post by FZ1 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:56 pm

Thanks Derrick.

I'm picking up the 405 tomorrow, so that should provide enough grunt to move my "sizeable bulk" around! :lol:

Cheers,

Jon
1 x