MT350 engine oil seals.

P.I.STAKER

Re: MT350 engine oil seals.

Post by P.I.STAKER » Tue Jul 05, 2016 4:40 pm

Hi Mark

I replied to your first message with list of parts you requested and the cost.
It is still in my outbox which means you have not opened it.
Let me know
Cheers
George
0 x
ARMSTRONG MT500 1984
BMW R1100S

Docherty816

Post by Docherty816 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:23 am

Thanks for the gen guys, it seams that the entire engine blast and powder coat is not an option regardless of how well the open ports are blanked off, its not worth turning the internals into a grinding paste. I'm in touch with George and am getting a complete set of engine seals and o rings while its out it makes sense. As to the paint I think I'm going to have to pit in some good old fashioned elbow grease and prep and paint it myself as I don't have the funds to send it away, plus I want the satisfaction of doing it myself. The therapy restoration is a work of art and I kind of wish I hadn't seen it now because the bars too high :lol: .
0 x

Docherty816

Last order received

Post by Docherty816 » Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:17 pm

Hi George, I have received everything to hopefully finish the job. Thanks again for all your help.
Kind regards, Mark.
0 x

P.I.STAKER

Post by P.I.STAKER » Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:25 pm

cheers mark

did you get your valves sorted?

George
0 x
ARMSTRONG MT500 1984
BMW R1100S

Minter

Post by Minter » Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:59 am

Docherty816 wrote:Thanks for the gen guys, it seams that the entire engine blast and powder coat is not an option regardless of how well the open ports are blanked off, its not worth turning the internals into a grinding paste. I'm in touch with George and am getting a complete set of engine seals and o rings while its out it makes sense. As to the paint I think I'm going to have to pit in some good old fashioned elbow grease and prep and paint it myself as I don't have the funds to send it away, plus I want the satisfaction of doing it myself. The therapy restoration is a work of art and I kind of wish I hadn't seen it now because the bars too high :lol: .
We 'Sportax' strip the entire engine to its component parts then have just the cases powdercoated. Every thread and oil way is then cleaned meticulously before reassembly. If you need the paper gaskets we have those in our webshop.

Hope that helps..
0 x
SPORTAX Racing ROTAX
http://www.sportaxracing.co.uk
MTRC Shopkeeper
http://sportaxracing.co.uk/product-category/mtrc-shop/
Manuals & Technical Publications on above MTRC shop link

Mr Shiney

Post by Mr Shiney » Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:57 pm

Minter wrote:
Docherty816 wrote:Thanks for the gen guys, it seams that the entire engine blast and powder coat is not an option regardless of how well the open ports are blanked off, its not worth turning the internals into a grinding paste. I'm in touch with George and am getting a complete set of engine seals and o rings while its out it makes sense. As to the paint I think I'm going to have to pit in some good old fashioned elbow grease and prep and paint it myself as I don't have the funds to send it away, plus I want the satisfaction of doing it myself. The therapy restoration is a work of art and I kind of wish I hadn't seen it now because the bars too high :lol: .
We 'Sportax' strip the entire engine to its component parts then have just the cases powdercoated. Every thread and oil way is then cleaned meticulously before reassembly. If you need the paper gaskets we have those in our webshop.

Hope that helps..

Do you have a picture of my 604 to post?
0 x

Andi_Archer

Post by Andi_Archer » Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:34 pm

Mr Shiney wrote:Do you have a picture of my 604 to post?
If thats the one I saw in Garys workshop today I was after a swap but he wasnt having it.The engine looks superb :D
0 x
Its all fun and games till someone loses their keys

MT350

Minter

Post by Minter » Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:32 pm

Andi_Archer wrote:
Mr Shiney wrote:Do you have a picture of my 604 to post?
If thats the one I saw in Garys workshop today I was after a swap but he wasnt having it.The engine looks superb :D
Nice to see you today Andi - that is another Sportax Works replica 555 I've nearly finished..

I have got pictures Steve but I've no idea how to load them on this new site.. they are on the Sportax FB page if anyone wants to have a look. If you've not got a FB account you can access it from the Sportax Website on the link below...
0 x
SPORTAX Racing ROTAX
MTRC Shopkeeper

Andi_Archer

Post by Andi_Archer » Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:01 pm

You have a nice workshop there Gary and boy that Mintered bike looks good,such a waste to leave it unmolested :lol:
I see you have a nice 350 to 405 upgrade posted,whats the improvement performance like on that [not that I could afford it] ? :D
0 x
Its all fun and games till someone loses their keys

MT350

Minter

Post by Minter » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:06 pm

Andi_Archer wrote:You have a nice workshop there Gary and boy that Mintered bike looks good,such a waste to leave it unmolested :lol:
I see you have a nice 350 to 405 upgrade posted,whats the improvement performance like on that [not that I could afford it] ? :D
Cheers Andi..

The 405 kit coupled with a free flow silencer and carb goes from 18 bhp at the back wheel to 37bhp at the back wheel and the revs max out at 9000rpm instead of the 7500... I whipped the head off yours this afternoon ready to remove the broken and rusty old exhaust studs. She is well overdue a decoke as its well sooty on the piston and head.. the freshen up should do it the world of good!
0 x
SPORTAX Racing ROTAX
MTRC Shopkeeper