Monoshock Trials 604 (MT 604 Fubar mk2)

Franc

Re: Monoshock Trials 604 (MT 604 Fubar mk2)

Post by Franc » Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:34 am

Bunker wrote:Out of interest, here is the link to the OLD forum about Mr Kays 'MT' monoshock project, Im sure he will take an offer if anyone wants to relieve my lock up of it ......

http://www.createforum.com/mtrc/viewtop ... forum=mtrc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

sneak preview:
I would love to take this one off you as well, and finish it, maybe once I have some money.
What sort of offer would he accept???
0 x

Mr Kay

Post by Mr Kay » Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:39 am

Franc wrote:
Bunker wrote:Out of interest, here is the link to the OLD forum about Mr Kays 'MT' monoshock project, Im sure he will take an offer if anyone wants to relieve my lock up of it ......

http://www.createforum.com/mtrc/viewtop ... forum=mtrc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

sneak preview:
I would love to take this one off you as well, and finish it, maybe once I have some money.
What sort of offer would he accept???
The Harley forks, KTM front wheel and CCM swinging arm have all found their way onto my MT now and the shock is on one of my dad's BMWs.

This leaves the chopped about frame, unfinished subframe, CR250 rear mudguard, XR400 tank, rear caliper mount (works with a standard 350 rear wheel and an AJP caliper that'll be in the workshop somewhere).

Make me an offer.
0 x

Abdallah

Post by Abdallah » Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:23 am

Out of interest, here is the link to the OLD forum about Mr Kays 'MT' monoshock project, Im sure he will take an offer if anyone wants to relieve my lock up of it ......

http://www.createforum.com/mtrc/viewtop" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... forum=mtrc

sneak preview:

Out of interest, here is the link to the OLD forum about Mr Kays 'MT' monoshock project, Im sure he will take an offer if anyone wants to relieve my lock up of it ......

sneak preview:

this has been one of my favorite projects t watch on the forum..and I'd love to see this bike finished .. I bet it would look incredible..Good luck to mr. kay if he wants to finish it or anyone who is planning on buying it...this would come out to be a very neat bike..

Abdallah
0 x

Franc

Post by Franc » Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:24 pm

Today I have, filed and adjusted the front stem to take the new headstock bearings, changed the fork seals, removed and rewelded the right side seat upright brace, (to allow the CCM exhaust to fit), relieved and braced the front shoe, mounted the rear brake master cylinder, altered the sidestand spring to clear the frame, cut and adjusted the front headlamp cowl/shroud to fit the CCM front end, Started to tighten all nuts and bolts, and fit the wiring loom.....................................
All that and the bloody thing looks no different.... :?
I still have an airbox to make, move all mouting brackets about, fit rear stop tail lights (watch this space I have someting groovey planned for this), adjust exhaust pipes, fit seat, add oil, fit battery, finish wiring, MOT the feckin ting, and then brace myself for a new arguement with the DVLA...... :twisted:
Anyone local who would like to lend a hand would be welcome.... :)
More Piccies coming soon....... 8-)
0 x

Franc

Re: Monoshock Trialler 604 (MT 604 Fubar mk2)

Post by Franc » Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:30 pm

Minter wrote:Nice one Franc, Very impressed.. Do the Paoli forks and yolks off the CCM go straight in??

:)
I missed a chance to tell you this, the Paoli yokes and forks are used on a number of bikes of different makes and sizes.
The CCM604 are a pain in the arse to get to fit..............however I have found that the Honda XR400 are Paoli, and they fit staright in, bearings and all!!!! :D
0 x

Franc

Post by Franc » Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:49 pm

Well I have reached a milestone,
FUBAR 2 Lives.........MMWWHAAAHAAAHAAHAaaaaaaaa................. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
With the help of a great friend, we got the lights and horn working, and the bike started..... 8-) 8-)
I have the basics for an MOT, so with an understanding tester hopefully I can start the registration process. :D
Even managed a little test ride, the suspension really makes a difference and thats just on the road.
Still have a long ways to go, indicators, halogen headlight, strip down and paint, and full service to be done.
My long range extended fuel tank project is also nearing completion, just a few pin holes to close up and filler/paint, this will only be used for riding to events and shows, it will be a temp measure until I can afford an Apophis tank, or find a good Acerbis one. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
0 x

Franc

Post by Franc » Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:05 pm

As promised some up todate piccies. :D
Image Image Image Image Image
0 x

Minter

Post by Minter » Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:44 pm

Very impressive Franc, you must have the patience of a saint! :D
0 x
SPORTAX Racing ROTAX
http://www.sportaxracing.co.uk
MTRC Shopkeeper
http://sportaxracing.co.uk/product-category/mtrc-shop/
Manuals & Technical Publications on above MTRC shop link

MT350rider

Post by MT350rider » Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:36 pm

Hows that clutch gonna be on your battered hand mate? you sticking a hydraulic clutch on it?
0 x

Franc

Post by Franc » Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:55 pm

MT350rider wrote:Hows that clutch gonna be on your battered hand mate? you sticking a hydraulic clutch on it?
I only use the clutch to start and stop, the clutch is surprisingly light, and my right hand is the worst of the two, so I hope to be able to ride this for a few years before I have to give it all up completely. ;)
0 x