HELP Honda 4 stroke 250 single info on engines

TDIPower

HELP Honda 4 stroke 250 single info on engines

Post by TDIPower » Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:02 am

Hi folks,
Got an odd ball I've been doing a loom for. Honda CL250Sc can't get parts, can get info.
The parts book I have says it is the same engine as the CB260RS DX (DX is the electric start version of the RS)

Failed trigger coil so clutch case off to get out to send to Rex. Found a valve adjuster in the sump! it has passed between the trigger coil and the magnet!
So rocker cover off and a full set of adjusters there! found the nut off the one in the sump floating about though.

Inlet rocker has worn down about 1mm! (think I have tracked one down)
CAM worn but usable.
Head off piston good, bore good, valves will need a good lapping.
Full gasket set on the way

What I'm after is any info on putting it back together. I think I have timing it sorted. but I need torque settings for the head.

SO if you have a manual for an early 80s Honda 250 4 stroke could you give me a shout and I can go from there (possible borrow, send me pics of pages etc).

Cheers

Pete
0 x
MT350

bth2bth2

Re: HELP Honda 4 stroke 250 single info on engines

Post by bth2bth2 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:54 pm

you have a good little bike there :D
have you tried the thumper club?

brian
0 x
Slowly slowly catchy monkey.............
CBR 900rrs , zrx1100.in green gone but not forgotten.....mt500 in green ,stolen and abused but still alive.......cos one day , all bikes will be this slowwwwwww

TDIPower

Post by TDIPower » Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:40 pm

Its not mine thank god although it is beginning to wind us up as much as the MT did!!

it is nothing at all like the original bike now (has 4inch trials tyres front and back now, stripped back to absolute minimum).

Bloody frustrating as we fired it up before any work was started a year or so ago.

I haven't tried the thumper club as I though someone of here may have a manual for an early 80s Honda single with single overhead cam. I have since seen several Haynes books on auction sites. Already have the genuine Honda supplement book and parts book for the bike but you need the CB250RS-DX manual for the basics on the engine.

The owner has just ordered a replacement rockers so it is going to get a full strip down now and the cases sent for blasting/coating. Thought this would be out of the workshop on Tuesday when I had finished to loom!! Got a CCM R30 street tracker to make a loom for due in now!
0 x
MT350

A W Hopkins

Post by A W Hopkins » Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:52 pm

normal honda torque settings for head bolts or nuts are as follows
8mm 13-18 lbf ft
10mm 22-29lbf ft
12mm 40-47lbf ft

thats for all hondas that i know of, ask elrider I am pretty good on hondas. Cant see there being any difference for yours.
good luck with the rebuild
hop
0 x