Rear Rack bags

members own home-made or self sourced MT related items
Mr Shiney

Re: Rear Rack bags

Post by Mr Shiney » Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:56 am

diggerdogk9 wrote:
Mr Shiney wrote:Outside pockets and cargo net on the lid?
:D
How deep pockets? Elastic cargo net ?
Pockets that would take a disk lock or something like that elastic cargo net would work for tucking things under, entry hole facing the front.
0 x
97 MT350 - 500e hybrid GL 72 AA
MT604 - 350 Hybrid - Blue Thunder.... 53 KL 70
2013 Kawasaki Z1000SX
Mighty XR400
Even mightier CanAm250
Peugeot Kisbee Scoot 102cc
Ex RAF Defender 90

Why do you need so many bikes when you only have one bum? Girls eh!

diggerdogk9

Post by diggerdogk9 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:10 am

Mr Shiney wrote:
diggerdogk9 wrote:
Mr Shiney wrote:Outside pockets and cargo net on the lid?
:D
How deep pockets? Elastic cargo net ?
Pockets that would take a disk lock or something like that elastic cargo net would work for tucking things under, entry hole facing the front.

I'm sure that's all possible never tied a cargo net before but seen it done years ago from memory think the guy used a sheet bend but I'm sure Google could help on that one!

The only problem I can see would be if the bag not full the weight of the contents in pocket may pull it out of shape if that matters
0 x

Mr Shiney

Post by Mr Shiney » Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:11 am

I just want to be able to shove a goretex jacket under it or a map nothing heavy.

Side pockets are always handy so you don't have to go rummaging around inside. Mars bars etc!
0 x
2013 Kawasaki Z1000SX
Mighty XR400
Even mightier CanAm250
Ex RAF Defender 90

diggerdogk9

Post by diggerdogk9 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:17 am

Mr Shiney wrote:I just want to be able to shove a goretex jacket under it or a map nothing heavy.

Side pockets are always handy so you don't have to go rummaging around inside. Mars bars etc!
Yep understand where your coming from

Who needs a map ? I always thought the fun was getting there not the destination :lol:
0 x

Mr Shiney

Post by Mr Shiney » Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:30 am

diggerdogk9 wrote:
Mr Shiney wrote:I just want to be able to shove a goretex jacket under it or a map nothing heavy.

Yep understand where your coming from

Who needs a map ? I always thought the fun was getting there not the destination :lol:
For green lanes!
0 x
2013 Kawasaki Z1000SX
Mighty XR400
Even mightier CanAm250
Ex RAF Defender 90

ellrider

Post by ellrider » Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:42 am

With all this on the outside what are you going to put in it, too big for just tools. :D

As Arceye suggested earlier a smaller one is what the off roads boys would need, less cumbersome and less room for tools and spares too bounce around, maybe at the same base size to make it an easy option but 2-3" tall(then have the map pocket and cargo net ;) )
0 x
Be who you are and say what you feel because those that
matter don't mind and those that mind don't matter!

ZIP TIE
Location: unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the galaxy

Post by ZIP TIE » Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:46 am

ellrider wrote:

With all this on the outside what are you going to put in it, too big for just tools. :D

As Arceye suggested earlier a smaller one is what the off roads boys would need, less cumbersome and less room for tools and spares too bounce around, maybe at the same base size to make it an easy option but 2-3" tall(then have the map pocket and cargo net ;) )
Or fit compression straps to it and you have the best of both worlds.
0 x

Mr Shiney

Post by Mr Shiney » Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:48 am

ellrider wrote:

I think the caveman is onto something here....... :lol: :lol:
0 x
2013 Kawasaki Z1000SX
Mighty XR400
Even mightier CanAm250
Ex RAF Defender 90

diggerdogk9

Post by diggerdogk9 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:55 am

ellrider wrote:

As Arceye suggested earlier a smaller one is what the off roads boys would need, less cumbersome and less room for tools and spares too bounce around, maybe at the same base size but 2-3" tall(then have the map pocket and cargo net ;) )

Guys I'm taking all your comments on board think I will end up with a small range of choices to suit ie the off road n rugged, day bag , touring etc and will make a dedicated MT section on my website as I have some other ideas too but for now open for orders with suggestions
0 x

bth2bth2

Post by bth2bth2 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:02 am

looks a great bag.
as you have probably realised...you cant please all the people all the time :D although most of the ideas are valid.

brian
0 x
Slowly slowly catchy monkey.............
CBR 900rrs , zrx1100.in green gone but not forgotten.....mt500 in green ,stolen and abused but still alive.......cos one day , all bikes will be this slowwwwwww