High mileage MT rider wanted

members own home-made or self sourced MT related items
Wirralman

Re: High mileage MT rider wanted

Post by Wirralman » Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:15 pm

Maybe I'm wrong and BovineDung is a serious purveyor of good quality products, it just doesn't make sense to me
Ta,
There is a saying ' Don't judge a book by its cover' I think your doing just that.
Names can be a bit off-putting, I was looking for a contact at a church in Cornwall last year. The name listed was Mr Jim Bastard (no joke)- I never got to meet him but I'm told he's a fine chap.

As for your name Appyarry, it does conjour up an image in my mind but I wouldn't hold it against you for a minute, it's probably totally wrong.

Eric
0 x

appyarry

Post by appyarry » Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:31 pm

I agree, I hate to judge a book by it's cover. However I suspect that BovineDung is a serious player and seems to be doing all the things I would expect of a trader who takes their business seriously. The trouble is everytime that I think I'll press the Bid or Buy Now button I look at the name and I just can't do it.

I have just pm'd someone that recommended a product that they found very good. Maybe when people start recommendind this supplier I will bite the bullet and take a chance.

I am only being truthful about what I feel, I don't malaign BovineDung and who knows when they are selling ton's of stuff and making a mint I will be saying "I used to think that Bovine Dung was aload of BullShit.

Good Luck BovineDung, I have only said what I feel.
0 x
MT 604e :-)
Serveta Jet 200
Triumph Tigress 250
BSA C15 to be rebuilt as Scrambler
Sinclair Goddard PowerPak
Kalkhoff Endeavour 11 Speed Hub

arceye

Post by arceye » Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:51 pm

There goes my reputation as a welder...... :lol:
0 x
MT 405
Phil

Mr Shiney

Post by Mr Shiney » Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:49 pm

F**k me, I nay went for Mr Shiney because opinionatedobnixiousnonlightbulbfixingbastard was to long to use...... :lol:
0 x
97 MT350 - 500e hybrid GL 72 AA
MT604 - 350 Hybrid - Blue Thunder.... 53 KL 70
2013 Kawasaki Z1000SX
Mighty XR400
Even mightier CanAm250
Peugeot Kisbee Scoot 102cc
Ex RAF Defender 90

Why do you need so many bikes when you only have one bum? Girls eh!

ZIP TIE
Location: unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the galaxy

Post by ZIP TIE » Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:24 pm

Nah, I think it fits just fine :D
0 x

appyarry

Post by appyarry » Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:40 am

It's not the username I mind, I don't care what people call themselves. It's only when I try to buy something from BovineDung that my innerself says "should you really buy from a Trader who advertises themselves as Bullshit". Thats when it falls apart for me.

As a username it's as suits one. At least it raises the profile of the business, though thats what Rattner thought when he told the world he was selling Crap, 18ct crap that is.

Ta,
0 x
MT 604e :-)
Serveta Jet 200
Triumph Tigress 250
BSA C15 to be rebuilt as Scrambler
Sinclair Goddard PowerPak
Kalkhoff Endeavour 11 Speed Hub

bovinedung

Post by bovinedung » Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:59 am

Well chris, if you want your I.D to be relevant, I've got a digging dog you can have!
My back garden is like a scene from the The Great Escape. . I saw it setting the carb up on a Triumph last week, I think its going for the fence. . :lol:
0 x

diggerdog

Post by diggerdog » Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:54 pm

maybe that was me, i do wake up sometimes with dirt under my fingernails after strange dreams, i think i'll keep my name after all. there was someone at my school called mike hunt and he was a right twat!! :lol:
0 x

donk

Post by donk » Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:51 pm

Let me know when you have some for sale bovine. just bought your other item from ebay.
0 x

m1ks

Post by m1ks » Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:50 pm

diggerdog wrote:maybe i should change my user name as i'm not really a dog and i'm not even that keen on digging either! if i keep it then i'm worried people won't take me seriously, it's something i hadn't thought about till now, thanks chris
LMAO, very much, :)

A user names a user name, no problem caused unless it attracts the wrong business interest. my missus used to be a (sometime) web designer for a small PC company I built for years ago.
She once had a modelling agency called Angels UK wanted a site designing and she had to hammer home the fact that
http://www.angelsuk.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
wasn't a good advertising name, the couple who ran the place were either naive or very thick.
0 x