Silicone Spray

A place to chat/ ask about tool, fitting out your workshop etc etc
appyarry

Silicone Spray

Post by appyarry » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:37 pm

I use Silicone spray on rubber seals and many other things on my bikes, cars, motorhome and around the house. Over the years I have had some good sprays and others not so good. I did a little research and most of the sprays do not have a lot of Silicone in the cans, 95+% propellant. WD40s offering is between 1 and 5% according to the data sheets.

I did a little research and found one good maker, J. Allcock & Sons Ltd. Ambrose Street, West Gorton, Manchester, M12 5DD. They make "Allcosil MX Spray". This has 40% silicone to propellant, one thing (could be good or bad depending) it is perfumed with Lemon, so it is probably retailed by one of their customers as a plastic and car interior reviver. The only trouble is they only sell in cases of 12 and that is a bit too much even with my use of the spray. All though at ÂŁ5.30 a 400ml can delivered it is not too bad a buy.

Does anyone recommend a Silicone spray that they use?
0 x
MT 604e :-)
Serveta Jet 200
Triumph Tigress 250
BSA C15 to be rebuilt as Scrambler
Sinclair Goddard PowerPak
Kalkhoff Endeavour 11 Speed Hub

Bonnielad
Global Moderator

Re: Silicone Spray

Post by Bonnielad » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:46 pm

Check out valeting departments in local car dealerships. They usually use quality products with plenty of silicon sprays and rubber/vinyl renovators which are bought at trade prices so might be worth looking. The most popular suppliers are Autoglym and Autosmart.
0 x
1985 Armstrong MT500 "Black Bomber"'
1964 Triumph Tiger Cub TR20 Trials Works Replica
2013 BMW F800GS Adventure

twmtomos1

Re: Silicone Spray

Post by twmtomos1 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:09 pm

i get some from Halfords not the cheapest ,but last a while around ÂŁ5 a can
0 x