MT500 front frame cut for electric start engine

Any MT parts
imthetourguy

MT500 front frame cut for electric start engine

Post by imthetourguy » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:35 pm

Hello all,

I have 2 MT500s in boxes and recently had everything cleaned in an acid bath and powder coated so that I could start the rebuild of the bike that I plan to keep for myself. I have an aprilia 560 electric start engine waiting to go into that build and realised afterwards that I haven't modified the front frame to fit the start motor. Rather than chop the nicely painted frame I wondered if anyone had one lying around that a) they would like to sell to me or b) like to swap with my non-modified. Alternatively I can swap an MT500 frame (incl. ID) for an MT350 frame.

I am in Sweden which complicates things HOWEVER a good friend will be travelling home to England with his car over the summer so not totally impossible to organise (I also have an ex-World Championship Armstrong CMT320 competition bike that also won the swedish trails championship should someone be interested to buy :) )

Get in contact if you have anything of interest.

All the best!

/Jonnie
0 x
Armstrong MT500 (Sand, MT350 front end)
Armstrong MT500 (to be built)
Armstrong MT500 (560 leccy...to be thought through!)
Armstrong CMT320
Honda NTV650

Stempy

Re: MT500 front frame cut for electric start engine

Post by Stempy » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:18 am

Hi
I had an email from A gentleman called John who did offer me a modded frame but unsure of his user name on here?

Regards
Stempy
0 x

imthetourguy

Re: MT500 front frame cut for electric start engine

Post by imthetourguy » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:32 am

Hi Stempy,

Thanks for the tip-off. Hopefully he sees the post and gets in contact. I'm a reputable person (honest) and a few people on here have met me in person, so there is no dodgy stuff...concerning the buying and selling of MT's and parts at least :lol:

Cheers

/JR
0 x
Armstrong MT500 (Sand, MT350 front end)
Armstrong MT500 (to be built)
Armstrong MT500 (560 leccy...to be thought through!)
Armstrong CMT320
Honda NTV650