MZ Silver Star for sale

Area for members own or other internet finds - EBAY listings are NOT permitted.
CrazyFrog

MZ Silver Star for sale

Post by CrazyFrog » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:45 pm

OK after 4 years I've finally made the decision to part with my lovely SilverStar as a part of a fleet rationalisation process down from 3 bikes to 2. 

During my ownership it has had the tank re finished, a new front mudguard and the side panels re finished. The rear tyre is about 1000 miles old and the front has plenty of life left.

The horrible original side stand has been replaced by a traditional ETZ rear prop stand. I have replaced the clutch to cure some dragging it used to have, and whilst I was in there I also replaced the sprag starter clutch spring and fitted a new belt. At the same time i replaced the filter and engine oil. This was about 1500 miles ago.

The previous owner had the wheels rebuilt with new spokes and ETZ alloy rims as the original chrome rims had rusted, as they all do.

The bike rides really well and handles like a dream. It is Mot'd until August and has done 29500 miles.

The bike is nearly mint apart from some surface rust on the engine side of the front down pipes which I'm fairly sure would re chrome OK or if not, full stainless systems are available from OS Pipes in Staffs.

The bike also comes with a good selection of spares, some of which are like rocking horse poo. There is a tank(!) which will need some pin holes at the bottom sorting out and the re finishing, a spare set of 251 side panels which would obviously require re finishing and some fabrication to move the intake to the air filter box, a toolbox lid(!) and an MZ specific Rotax sprocket cover which mates to the chain gaters. A brand new set of chain gaters is also included along with the correct centre stand for this model, though some lugs would have to be brazed to the frame in order to use it. There are 2 new cam belts, a 2nd hand clutch, the Rotax special tools required to replace the clutch, a Rotax engine workshop manual and a folder full of history. The original grab rail is also included though it does need 're chroming.

Offers over 1600.
1 x

appyarry

Re: MZ Silver Star for sale

Post by appyarry » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:46 am

Is this the one that sold recently on FleaBay?
0 x
Serveta Jet 200
Triumph Tigress 250
BSA C15 to be rebuilt as Scrambler
Sinclair Goddard PowerPak
Kalkhoff Endeavour 11 Speed Hub