Forum Rot?

As it says on the tin
namtip

Forum Rot?

Postby namtip » Sat Apr 09, 2016 6:35 pm

I've just been looking through my post history after not being able to find what I was looking for using search.

Seems a few of my older posts/contributions have gone missing, yet others still exist. This seems to coincide with not having a location (circled below). Posts with a location still seem to work.

Is this part of ongoing restoration after the forum migrated to the current platform, or have they been lost forever? I'm not moaning - I'm very much aware of the massive amount of on-going work that goes on behind the scenes (THANK YOU! :D ). Would just like to know that's all.

0 x

Barrie

Re: Forum Rot?

Postby Barrie » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:08 pm

Was just wondering the same thing. Sorry for bump..
0 x
MT500 "Le Shuttle" In memory of Jim Burns
Rover 25 2.0 TDI because I'm that cool.

hounddog
Global Moderator

Postby hounddog » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:15 pm

My understanding is , if you cant see it , regrettably it will have been lost

Some time ago ( a year or so ) the forum collapsed during some maintenance , and when we got it back online a lot of data had gone, and also some members had been wiped and had to re-register . All quite stressful for all concerned.

we are where we are , as they say , and we seem to have the forum running ok again now

Ian
0 x
Ian
------------------------------------

Harley Davidson MT350e
Armstrong MT500e

Barrie

Postby Barrie » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:19 pm

I must have been absent for that. Seem to have last used it when it was working good, now I've come back and it's working good. Lucky me - must have been and continues to be a right Ballache for whoever is scripting.

I seem to remember the FAQS being more extensive. And the "About the MT" link is empty. Also tried to post a reply in a for sale add the other day with the mt500 but there wasn't a button for it. :?
Anyway. It's working. Which is great. So good job all involved.
0 x
MT500 "Le Shuttle" In memory of Jim Burns
Rover 25 2.0 TDI because I'm that cool.

Return to “Forum/ Club suggestions”