Club Shop - NEWS and history.

Bunker
Site Admin

Club Shop - NEWS and history.

Post by Bunker » Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:38 pm

History:
The club shop started life with me asking folk what size T Shirt they wanted every 6 months, then I would make a bulk order.
Then, when we grew and began accepting donations and making some money, we decided to order in stock of T shirts, (stacker)Mel put them in his garage and voila, a shop was born.
When Mel had to simplify his life for a while, we asked for a volunteer to host and run the shop. Its quite a big undertaking - the finances, stock take, the volume of boxes and then the taking and reacting to orders. I didnt expect any volunteers but up stepped Steve and we, the Admin team, were very grateful.
Steves found some issues to overcome, he works away alot and sometimes some people have had to wait BUT OVERALL we have made a lot of sales and had very very few complaints. So, despite the few negative piss taking comments, some of which were very dissapointing to read, Steve did us all a big favour and we should be grateful. Thanks very much Steve.

BUT new times:
Minter and I go back along way before the club. Part of the reason the club was born was due to Gary and I had a hand in Gary becoming Sportax. I practically begged him to do the deal, I even met Gary in Cornwall to introduce him to Malcolm (old Sportax). Why am I telling you all this? Well, Gary has amazingly offered to take on the shop and I want to blunten any suggestions of 'conflicts of interest'. I built this club partially due to Garys early help and he built Sportax partially due to my help. Never have the 2 conflicted, nor ever will they.

The arrangement:
Sportax will give us a page on their website for our product lines.
If you are buying a T shirt, you will be able to add a Sportax item to the SAME ORDER and vice versa.
All monies will be taken in one transaction but behind the scenes the finances will be separated and recorded in accordance with HMRC good practice.
SPORTAX WILL TAKE ZERO PROFIT from any of our sales.
Sportax will not charge us anything.
Gary is doing this as a huge favour to support the club and ALL BENEFITS WILL BE MUTUAL.
Postage will be calculated on indiviual basis and will be very simple.
Goods will be posted within 24 hours as far as possible, normal Sportax practice.

I will speak with Force and LMS to explain the practical reasons rather than favour, of this arrangement, I dont expect anything but their approval.

Summary:
Big thanks to Steve for all his work, much much more than most of you will know.
Big thanks to Gary for taking on the job, adding it to his already busy world.
Et deinceps sursum!
0 x
HD MT500e 'Bunk'
HD MT604e MTourer project

You don't need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.

Joth.Hill

Re: Club Shop - NEWS and history.

Post by Joth.Hill » Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:58 pm

You all do a great job ....

Keep up the good work ....

Looking forward to viewing the page ...

Happy days

Joth
0 x

lardmarc

Post by lardmarc » Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:44 pm

All's good.
0 x
“Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so.” (Adams, 2009).

Vtrsp1da

Post by Vtrsp1da » Fri Nov 25, 2016 3:29 am

Great news :D
0 x

twmtomos1

Post by twmtomos1 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 5:55 am

Well done Gary, thanks
0 x

Rocketron2

Post by Rocketron2 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:42 am

Brilliant, Well done Steve for running the shop on behalf of everyone, thank you, Thank you Gary (Minter) for taking it on and keeping it going, well appreciated mate.
Ron.
0 x

P.I.STAKER

Post by P.I.STAKER » Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:53 am

appreciate you efforts Steve.

well done Gary for being the new shop keeper.
0 x
ARMSTRONG MT500 1984
BMW R1100S

TJRL

Post by TJRL » Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:49 am

Rocketron2 wrote:Brilliant, Well done Steve for running the shop on behalf of everyone, thank you, Thank you Gary (Minter) for taking it on and keeping it going, well appreciated mate.
Ron.
+ 1 from me!

Toby
0 x
1997 MT350 (with 500e) - Sold 2014 :(
1999 MT350 (With 604e) - Sold 2018 :( :(
2014 F800 GT
2018 R1200RT LE
1960 SII Land Rover SWB SW

Minter

Post by Minter » Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:14 pm

Thanks everyone, I'm looking forward to being the new MTRC shopkeeper.

I collected the stock this morning and once I've taken stock and some pictures over the weekend the shop will be back up and running.

I will also bring the shop to all of the MT Ride out and social weekends.

Any questions or suggestions please pm or email me or use apropriate forum threads...

:D
0 x
SPORTAX Racing ROTAX
http://www.sportaxracing.co.uk
MTRC Shopkeeper
http://sportaxracing.co.uk/product-category/mtrc-shop/
Manuals & Technical Publications on above MTRC shop link

mt bandit

Post by mt bandit » Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:53 pm

Minter wrote:Thanks everyone, I'm looking forward to being the new MTRC shopkeeper.

I collected the stock this morning and once I've taken stock and some pictures over the weekend the shop will be back up and running.

I will also bring the shop to all of the MT Ride out and social weekends.

Any questions or suggestions please pm or email me or use apropriate forum threads...

:D
nice one Gary
0 x
Africa twin 750
honda hornet 600 now sold :(
mt 500
mt560e
can am
divorce coming soon