MTRC Shop *** New Stock****

appyarry

Re: MTRC Shop *** New Stock****

Post by appyarry » Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:42 pm

Mr Shiney,
I think you are a highly valued member and do a great job with the shop. You also selflessly give your time and engineering efforts to many members often at no or little cost. However I see no reason why letting Sportax sell the MTRC Shop items would be a problem. IMHO it makes very good sense and the neutrality of the MTRC would not be compromised or seen to be compromised by such a good move.

When is the MTRC shop next due at a meeting there is a couple of things I'd like to buy and I haven't been to a MTRC meeting yet though now I'm retired I'm hoping to get to some soon.

Many thanks,
0 x
MT 604e :-)
Serveta Jet 200
Triumph Tigress 250
BSA C15 to be rebuilt as Scrambler
Sinclair Goddard PowerPak
Kalkhoff Endeavour 11 Speed Hub

Mr Shiney

Post by Mr Shiney » Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:28 pm

appyarry wrote:Mr Shiney,
I think you are a highly valued member and do a great job with the shop. You also selflessly give your time and engineering efforts to many members often at no or little cost. However I see no reason why letting Sportax sell the MTRC Shop items would be a problem. IMHO it makes very good sense and the neutrality of the MTRC would not be compromised or seen to be compromised by such a good move.

When is the MTRC shop next due at a meeting there is a couple of things I'd like to buy and I haven't been to a MTRC meeting yet though now I'm retired I'm hoping to get to some soon.

Many thanks,
There is some misunderstanding here, I have not complained about running the shop, I have complained about people moaning and bitching about the way the shop is run...... Everyone is full of criticism but when it needed taking ownership of there was no queue of people to help out....... I now have ownership of it and the club management are satisfied with the way its run.

With regards to Sportax, it is not my decision, the decision has been made by the club management that no individual supplier will be favoured over another. As much as Gary is a personal friend and an all round good egg it is not appropriate to give him privilege over the other suppliers. By having the club shop on his site it naturally generates click traffic onto the Sportax site and that gives him an unfair advantage over other suppliers. This is something I have discussed with him and he understands the reasons and that this is now a closed subject.

Produce from the shop will be available for hand delivery at the Northants meet in February and the other normal events throughout the year. The shop is not transported to meetings anymore as its too big to move around and the type of venues that have been chosen don't really facilitate it either. It is all laid out clearly online and is a much easier arrangement for all concerned to purchase and to manage. Anybody who wants items bringing to an event to save the postage just need to order online and in the comments field ask me to bring it. The postage will be refunded automatically when I process the transaction. By doing this it means the club does not need to handle or process cash and checks and that all stock is paid for at the point of order. We have had instances in the past where people were given credit at events and then did not pay up or argued about the price later so this makes it clear and fair for all concerned.

Remember that all proceeds from the shop go into running the club, that includes keeping this website up and running so buying from the shop you are supporting your club and the valuable resource that it provides.
0 x

Bunker
Site Admin

Post by Bunker » Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:08 pm

Id just like to say that Steve is doing a great job and, despite his concern, i know 99% of you think the same.
Minter is a brilliant guy in every single respect but, as logical as it may seem, we will never ask a related business to manage our shop. Gary has been exceedingly kind to offer and we thank you/ him but we'll keep the stuff in-house.

Its juts great to see the new stuff coming in and seeing the shop open for business again.
0 x
HD MT500e 'Bunk'
HD MT604e MTourer project

You don't need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.

Minter

Post by Minter » Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:12 pm

Yep Steve is doing a grand job.. I made the offer to do the shop when Mel went on his sabbatical. . I had the best interest of the club at heart and as Simon and Steve pointed out would have been unfair to other MT parts suppliers. Keeping the shop in house was the only option and Steve very kindly stepped into the breach and as we all know Steve has a full time job..

Continue to support Steve, the club and all the admin team. Then make a purchase and come along to meets wearing your nice new MTRC fleece, hoodie etc..

:D
0 x
SPORTAX Racing ROTAX
http://www.sportaxracing.co.uk
MTRC Shopkeeper
http://sportaxracing.co.uk/product-category/mtrc-shop/
Manuals & Technical Publications on above MTRC shop link