BMF Affiliation

richard63

Re: New Section on the forum.

Post by richard63 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:35 pm

rustybike wrote:£10/year you get to ride some of the best roads and lanes in the country, all the help and tech knowlage you need. Simon and co have made this possible with hard graft and their own money. Let them run it. Pay a tenner,ride your bikes and enjoy the club. I know I will. If it does turn to sh1t you can always go your own way.
Sorry for the rant but it's only a tenner. I have spent more on the grad national, and got nothing back.
Rus
The above summed my thoughts up perfectly,
exactly is a tenner :) the club is a victim of sucess, :D is that not good,to some maybe not.
£10 for all the info on this site etc its a bargin.
I pay subscribtions to other motorcycle online clubs with nowhere near the same level of info as on here its never crossed my mind to ask to look at accounts etc.
If this is the way its got to be then surely you would let the current team carry on there good work .
0 x

Barrie

Post by Barrie » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:41 am

Personally, i would be happy with paying a Tenner subscription for the excellent resources available just now, not including the possibilities of getting various discounts and other perks! And from what I've read the majority agree. Even if they don't, take into consideration that after a few days this has over a thousand views and 8 pages of well constructed opinions. that's a hell of alot of people in one place with one shared wish; the continuance of this fantastic forum. I'm all for this idea.

Furthermore, consider that every member here has a profound sense of attachment to this community, regardless of age, ethnicity, gender, even members across the continent. That alone is evidence enough for me to be 110% positive that we have the right people leading this club. Anybody questioning that is in my opinion, mentally flawed.
Barrie.
0 x
MT500 "Le Shuttle" In memory of Jim Burns
Jawa CZ 125
Need help uploading photos onto the forum?
click here

Drifter

Post by Drifter » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:20 pm

I have been a member of this club for nearly 3 years.
I have been a member of CAT MCC for 10 years. I have paid cat £10 a year for that time. Recieved nothing for that money other that a 1 rally a year and and a christmas card. Never asked what my money was used for nor cared what it was used for its only a tenner.
Simon and the rest of the team must put is some amount of hours to make this forum run .
I dont know how Simon finds the time as he has a young family and his wife must be very understanding to allow him to do this. The answer to all those members complaining is if you don't like it go elsewhere and we will see how much backup and support you get from another club. I am sure you'll be back.

I support and trust the moderators with whatever changes need to happen to make this club better.

Thank you for all you have done over the years.

Look forward to seeing you all again at Stafford.

Chris
0 x
MT350e

Ride safe / Ride MT

StorminNorm

Post by StorminNorm » Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:11 pm

Drifter wrote: Simon and the rest of the team must put is some amount of hours to make this forum run .
I dont know how Simon finds the time as he has a young family and his wife must be very understanding to allow him to do this. The answer to all those members complaining is if you don't like it go elsewhere and we will see how much backup and support you get from another club. I am sure you'll be back.

I support and trust the moderators with whatever changes need to happen to make this club better.

Thank you for all you have done over the years.

Chris
For what it's worth that pretty much sums up my thoughts on this subject too, I think Simon and the other moderators should keep the club as is and if charges need to be levied so be it. The best way to cock up anything is to form a committee, the club will then become bogged down in Red tape and regulations, just look at the state of our countries :roll:
0 x
BMW 1200 GS
Honda CRF250L
Honda XR125

CADMAN

Post by CADMAN » Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:47 pm

I just want to offer my total support to the guys who built, and run this club for the benefit of all those who browse the forum and attend the meetings. They must work incredibly hard (for free) to keep it all going. I trust these guys to do what is best for the club, it would be a shame to lose the easy going feel of the club by bogging everything down with votes and red tape.
Just my 10 cents worth.
Dave.
0 x
MT 350 1995
Suzuki GS550E 1979
Honda CB500 XA 2015

ERNIE

Post by ERNIE » Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:57 pm

For what it's worth that pretty much sums up my thoughts on this subject too, I think Simon and the other moderators should keep the club as is and if charges need to be levied so be it. The best way to cock up anything is to form a committee, the club will then become bogged down in Red tape and regulations, just look at the state of our countries :roll:[/quote]
I totally agree with Storminnorm
But i would still like to know are there any benifits for non uk members joining this
or should we just hit the donate button and give a tenner to the club i have no problems doing either
Cheers
Ernie
Ps there will be some housekeeping on this thread before the end of the month
0 x

Daj

Post by Daj » Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:38 pm

Dear All,

This forum means a lot to me. Its been a bizarre couple of years in the world of Daj, what with one thing and another, and one of the constants during that time has been this forum.

I trust Simon and the other mods with the forum's affairs without reservation , despite not having met most of them and having only met Simon for the first time last year at Stafford*.

I don't mind paying a membership fee if I can't attend future events.

I don't really care to see forum accounts, but I understand they might be a good idea to ensure transparancy, if others don't feel the same as me.

The affilliation with the BMF seems like a no brainer to me even if the only benefit was the insurance aspect. As there are other benefits as yet unknown and in a way that's immaterial to me, it is still a no brainer. If the condition is to have a "members only" section, then so be it.

Apologies for getting a bit sentimental.

Daj

*P.S Simon, I still owe you for the M6 toll!!
0 x
-----------------------------------------------------
Trying to find my own a*** with both hands
MT500e

Wirralman

Post by Wirralman » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:19 pm

A tenner is sod all, so I am all for the affiliation and think it should be compulsory for members attending events and voluntary for other users but no part of the forum should be restricted as I feel that would be against the ethic the club was set up for.
Dave
we now have membership of the BMF. This gives us Public Liablity Insurance (PLI), which believe you me is VERY HARD to get for a club like ours.

Part of the deal with the BMF was that we identify our 'physical' members, i.e. the people who turn up at events, and pay for their membership. Those who do attend events pay a small levy which helps fund the club, pays for BMF membership and allows us to buy stuff the club can use - for example we have a field kitchen that went to Stafford allowing everyone to be fed, making it a lot easier and more convenient for all.

On the BMF's part they have discount deals with various companies , but they only want to have these discounts used by paid up club members. The separate section allows access to paid up 'physical ' members and only lists these discounts . There is nothing else there. So it is a restricted section, but it does provide us with PLI, essential for access to Forestry Commission land, as used in South Wales this year. This sectioning process is used by other BMF members, meets their requirements to limit discount claims.

I hope that explains things a bit
Eric
0 x

MT glass

Post by MT glass » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:17 pm

Well said Eric,
and, Welcome back Dave, sorry I will probably not make North Wales this year, (at the moment), but if it's anywhere near as good as South Wales was, it'll be a cracker!

David.
0 x
Remember,
The ride is the reason, the destination is the excuss!