BMF Affiliation

fantastic mister fox

Re: New Section on the forum.

Post by fantastic mister fox » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:22 am

I don't know whether this is me putting 2 and 2 together and making 5 however it does appear quieter here since the membership fee was introduced.

I know it's not compulsory to access the forum but it just appears less people are posting since the membership was introduced.
0 x
SHHH don't tell any one I'm still lurking around here

2016 SWM RS300R
2015 Moto Guzzi Sport 1200
2010 CCM SR40
www.bristolatbc.co.uk

Xerxes2K

New Section on the forum.

Post by Xerxes2K » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:47 am

Or people are posting less because it's warm and dry and are out riding instead of talking about their bikes... ;) hehe
0 x

ellrider

Post by ellrider » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:17 am

Or because they are sick of non MT owners sticking their oar in. :P
0 x
Be who you are and say what you feel because those that
matter don't mind and those that mind don't matter!

Wirralman

Post by Wirralman » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:23 am

it does appear quieter here since the membership fee was introduced.
A membership fee hasn't been introduced
0 x

MONKEY

Post by MONKEY » Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:15 pm

Without this forum I would not be still a MT owner (i know - I can hear ellriders comment already), the information found on this site along with being able to contact and speak to members has not got a price and saved me far more than £10 in garage fees alone, then the insurance as well. I understand the problems peopla have raised regarding teh potential of a large bank account - but we could always make a charitable donation each year :D Thta would keep the total down.
As already been said - the moderators put in a large amount of personal time into the site which they are not asking to be paid for but - like the kitchen - the club could aquire assets all for the clubs benefit.
Maybe there is a way of managing those who take part in events paying a little more for the events including BMF membership and those who just dip in and out making a small donation don't get this benefit unless they also pay £10.
Political hot potatoe but whatever happens please don't let it kill the fellowship we currently enjoy.
0 x
Mt ,604
Mt 350
Armstrong 500

StackerMel

Post by StackerMel » Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:48 pm

We try everything to keep costs down, just so there is a comparison, if you go and do a H&H or you will be looking at £35 just for a couple of hours riding, likewise a days Enduro can cost upwards of £65, you still then have to pay for camping and food etc.

Any money collected does go straight back in to the club, the shop contributes but we only make very small margins, as an example £1 on a t shirt, £1.25 on a clutch tool etc. We are really lucky we have huge supporters like Roey that helps bolster the money the shop contributes, FYI in the last 2 months I have sold 1 hat, a clutch tool, 1 T shirt and a Polo shirt, adding less than a £5 to the coffers...not exactly M&S.

As we have grown we have started to buy club assets, this allows us to eat togther and not have any hassle, it also keeps the kit carrying down. We have a full asset list which we are happy to share.

Below is the latest asset. The money issue will keep cropping up, we need funds for the BMF and for web hosting and also storage costs, these are fixed. I am not sure if the answer is subs or not, so I am sitting on the fence, but 80p a month is nothing.

See you all in Wales

Mel
0 x
HD MT604e-Kochanski
HD MT350- Kryten- rough and ready
MT500 - Cat
MT500 - Lister
Can-Am Bombardier 250

Roey

Post by Roey » Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:58 pm

Mel, is it the trailer or your house behind that we have bought? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
0 x
No problem, thank you

bth2bth2

Post by bth2bth2 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:10 pm

fwiw
i would gladly pay a yearly sub . the advantages far outway the disadvantages . the varied and "interesting" members not to mention the friendliness of said members is priceless. its good to see the "club" purchasing things like the kitchen and now a trailer so we dont have to rely on others generosity . all we need now is a massive tent to house us all. :?

keep up the good work

brian
0 x
Slowly slowly catchy monkey.............
CBR 900rrs , zrx1100.in green gone but not forgotten.....mt500 in green ,stolen and abused but still alive.......cos one day , all bikes will be this slowwwwwww

bth2bth2

Post by bth2bth2 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:11 pm

Roey wrote:Mel, is it the trailer or your house behind that we have bought? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
or perhaps its just a billboard on wheels ????

brian
0 x
Slowly slowly catchy monkey.............
CBR 900rrs , zrx1100.in green gone but not forgotten.....mt500 in green ,stolen and abused but still alive.......cos one day , all bikes will be this slowwwwwww

fantastic mister fox

Post by fantastic mister fox » Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:15 pm

Please don't get the wrong Idea, I was merely stating an observation about my perception of traffic on the forum, I would love it if some one could prove me wrong and actually show that the number of posts per day is still as high as ever or just following annual seasonal fluctuations.

I totally understand the need for a subscription and for an MT owner the value of the content on the website is worth so much more valuable than £10 per year. I have kept active on this forum since parting company with my MT as I have felt that this forum is friendly and I have got to know many members and really got on well with them.
A membership fee hasn't been introduced
There is fee that has now been introduced for you to become a full member and attend club events which translated to me is a "membership fee." Yes you can still be a member of the forum without it.
0 x
SHHH don't tell any one I'm still lurking around here

2016 SWM RS300R
2015 Moto Guzzi Sport 1200
2010 CCM SR40
www.bristolatbc.co.uk