BMF Affiliation

chippy1

Re: New Section on the forum.

Post by chippy1 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:28 pm

Good points FMF,
I think that since last weekends meet was organized on this forum you would have a job to
prove that it was not an offical run out.
That's why we need the insurance and members names to cover the likes of your self
who put them selves out to organize these events.
People are not now paying membership, but, a yearly look at the books for people looking at this forum must now be on the cards.
Just to stop all the speculation on how much the hosting fee's are etc.
As for MT only events that debate should be on a different thread,
however you are most welcome to borrow my spare MT as long as you remember
IT IS NOT A SUBMARINE ;)
0 x

rustybike

Post by rustybike » Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:40 pm

£10/year you get to ride some of the best roads and lanes in the country, all the help and tech knowlage you need. Simon and co have made this possible with hard graft and their own money. Let them run it. Pay a tenner,ride your bikes and enjoy the club. I know I will. If it does turn to sh1t you can always go your own way.
Sorry for the rant but it's only a tenner. I have spent more on the grad national, and got nothing back.
Rus
0 x
Lets get out there and Tw^t it!!

StackerMel

Post by StackerMel » Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:51 pm

Wow..I have only been away for the weekend and it seems to have all been happening. Some great comments and debate, I will take my time to catch up with all the posts before replying fully.

One thing I will say " are my eyes really too close together?" Im hurt

Mel
0 x
HD MT604e-Kochanski
HD MT350- Kryten- rough and ready
MT500 - Cat
MT500 - Lister
Can-Am Bombardier 250

Roey

Post by Roey » Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:52 pm

StackerMel wrote:

Mel

Yep
0 x
No problem, thank you

ellrider

Post by ellrider » Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:01 pm

Roey wrote:
StackerMel wrote:

Mel

Yep
CyclopsMel.
0 x
Be who you are and say what you feel because those that
matter don't mind and those that mind don't matter!

Franc

Post by Franc » Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:39 pm

Not something I should post, but if it came down to a vote, then Bunker would get mine, along with the rest of the admin team, and moderators.
I have great faith and respect for everyone who GIVES their spare time to help run such an amazing and friendly forum.
I think that most of us feel the same way, but to transform from voluntary donates to fee paying dues need to be transparent if only to keep the faith of those who don't believe, if the accounts remain white then no-one can have cause to grumble.
I don't doubt any members honesty on this forum, especially those who give so much to so many, and receive recognition from so few.
I seriously doubt this forum/club would last long without the current crew, and I doubt even further that anyone else on here could match the standard of service or dedication that we happy enjoy, and for some take for granted.
Even Mel and his mono-vision/ Arkwright/ aunti Wainwright/ Arthur Daily dealings has my confidence beyond doubt. ;)

Can I have the £50 back-hander I was promised payed in used fives, paid into my Jersey account now please. ;) ;) ;)
0 x

Minter

Post by Minter » Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:57 pm

A great debate and some typical banter! Thats why i like being here - the ride outs aint bad either! - even if Franc makes them too easy! and the stafford meet a must for all members..

I think it should be kept as is - it aint broke but maybe a victim of its own success with regards increased numbers on rideouts etc.. PL probably now a neccesecity to protect those organising stuff - especially if Ellrider and Pirate are cooking!.. A tenner is more than a fair price for 'full membership'. I dont think AGM's voting et al is neccesary - I trust the team and what they do with the limited funds. As its been said it is their baby and they all do a great job.. I'm sure a spreadsheet/bank statement could be supplied for anyone who found the need to check where all the money is being spent..

I like the idea about a months access for 'almost' all areas (down loadable stuff for full members only) before joining and paying the tenner..

Here's to the future of a straight forward no nonsence club/forum with some great ride outs and meets, invaluble technical advice and help, and above all a good laugh! all that for a tenner - PRICELESS! ;)
0 x
SPORTAX Racing ROTAX
http://www.sportaxracing.co.uk
MTRC Shopkeeper
http://sportaxracing.co.uk/product-category/mtrc-shop/
Manuals & Technical Publications on above MTRC shop link

bulldog

Post by bulldog » Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:58 pm

rustybike wrote:£10/year you get to ride some of the best roads and lanes in the country, all the help and tech knowlage you need. Simon and co have made this possible with hard graft and their own money. Let them run it. Pay a tenner,ride your bikes and enjoy the club. I know I will. If it does turn to sh1t you can always go your own way.
sorry for the rant but it's only a tenner.
I musy say i agree with that Bulldog.
0 x
Armstrong mt500e 1985 white
Harley Davidson mt350 1996 green
Honda Deauville 650 2001 white
Armstrong mtcb500 twin 1985 green
Armstrong mt500 1985 green
Honda Goldwing 1500 1990 blue
Harley Davidson mt350 1995 green

Wirralman

Post by Wirralman » Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:06 pm

if it came down to a vote, then Bunker would get mine, along with the rest of the admin team, and moderators.
Thanks Franc, as one of the unelected geezers and one of Simon's M8s, I welcome the support.

Just for clarity to the critics, I live circa 240 miles from Simon, have only ever met him at club events and was asked to replace Alex who had work commitments that made it impossible for him to do the job. Accusations of cronyism are somewhat wide of the mark.
Eric
0 x

TheHeadMan

Post by TheHeadMan » Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:32 pm

As another recent member (only since last December) and another refugee of several more formal clubs I've bored everyone who would listen silly telling them about what a great source of information and help this forum is and how wonderful it is that it's been achieved with so little beaurocracy.
What I'm delighted to see emerging from this discussion (I think) is a concensus that seems to be along the lines of:
1) Change the structure as little as possible.
2) A tenner is fine for those who want to go to events etc. and a separate bit of forum to access the BMF benefits is a necessary evil.
3) Accounts would have to be presented (to protect the admin team) but could be done by a volunteering member.
My preference would be to keep the technical/classified bits open to all as they're the part that attracts new people to the forum. I almost never pay for a first look at something, even if there's a limited "taster" for free, but I'm happy to do so once I've decided how good it is.
I'm sure that anyone who's been involved in anything like this before appreciates how much time, effort and committment goes into it and for my part I'm hugely grateful for it.
0 x