BMF Affiliation

StackerMel

Re: New Section on the forum.

Post by StackerMel » Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:27 pm

fantastic mister fox wrote:
A membership fee hasn't been introduced
There is fee that has now been introduced for you to become a full member and attend club events which translated to me is a "membership fee." Yes you can still be a member of the forum without it.
The fee was for BMF Membership that was needed to access the land in South Wales, not MTRC membership, the two are different entities. I think we had to pay £5 each, to be honest for the riding we had we could not have moaned for 10 times that.

Mel
0 x
HD MT604e-Kochanski
HD MT350- Kryten- rough and ready
MT500 - Cat
MT500 - Lister
Can-Am Bombardier 250

Wirralman

Post by Wirralman » Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:30 pm

An MTRC membership fee has NOT been introduced, everyone gets access to everything they've always had. Your theory of reduced posts because a membership fee has been introduced is therefore false.
0 x

fantastic mister fox

Post by fantastic mister fox » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:52 pm

Once again I do not have a problem with the fee (I just haven't yet paid it as I haven't attended an event yet) and am well aware that the fee does not restrict access to any part of the forum I just had an observation about the effect of some of the "changes" and it's been taken totally wrong. It may just be possible that one or two regular posters got the wrong end of the stick (despite the best efforts of the admin team) and thought that the fee was going to be compulsory so stopped posting. In my first post on the matter I implied that it may just be a coincidence, I however did feel that as someone who actually cares about the forum it might be worth mentioning that felt that I perceived that forum posts were slowing, however some people seem to have taken this personally.

sorry I offended anyone, I never meant to question the decisions made just participating in discussion about the club but I don't think the tone of the posts made in the replies is warranted.

P.S. in the first post in this thread Bunker refers to the £10 charge being for "full membership" and the BMF requiring a "members list" so I have interpreted it as a membership fee.
Last edited by fantastic mister fox on Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
SHHH don't tell any one I'm still lurking around here

2016 SWM RS300R
2015 Moto Guzzi Sport 1200
2010 CCM SR40
www.bristolatbc.co.uk

rustybike

Post by rustybike » Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:33 pm

I won't a sticker lick this on MY van toooooo... :D
0 x
Lets get out there and Tw^t it!!

Bunker
Site Admin

Post by Bunker » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:10 pm

P.S. in the first post in this thread Bunker refers to the £10 charge being for "full membership" and the BMF requiring a "members list" so I have interpreted it as a membership fee.
that's the danger of reading the first and last posts but not the discussion in between
0 x
HD MT500e 'Bunk'
HD MT604e MTourer project

You don't need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.

fantastic mister fox

Post by fantastic mister fox » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:59 am

I have reread the whole discussion and at no point is there any indication that paying a very reasonable £10 is for any other reason than to identify your self as a full member and cover the cost of PLI at events. As recently as the 14th of August the purpose of the "fee" is explained as:
that we identify our 'physical' members
So we can get public liability insurance for MT club events, I have no problem with this fact, the existence of the fee or even paying it if I choose to attend a club event.

My issue is that I have been lambasted by moderators for using the words "membership fee" when I was just making an observational point about forum traffic response to the addition of fee for the purpose of identifying our physical members to the bmf so we can obtain Public Liability insurance (membership fee was just a little less of a mouthful) , it was not critical or aggressive.

Now there are many reasons that my perception of forum traffic is low just one of which could be that a non cumpulsory fee was introduced and some people left, however other reason could be:

I'm wrong the forum is just following it's usual seasonal trends

There are less MTs for sale now (as withams haven't got any more) so we don't have people joining posting a welcome post and then never coming back.

There are less unanswered questions that need to be asked and all technical knowledge is already here so people aren't asking as many questions.
0 x
SHHH don't tell any one I'm still lurking around here

2016 SWM RS300R
2015 Moto Guzzi Sport 1200
2010 CCM SR40
www.bristolatbc.co.uk

Bunker
Site Admin

Post by Bunker » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:23 pm

I have reread the whole discussion and at no point is there any indication that paying a ver........
I apologise for suggesting you hadnt.
0 x
HD MT500e 'Bunk'
HD MT604e MTourer project

You don't need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.