Your Injuries whilst Spannering ?

A place for any non MT related guff...
Jannersbee

Your Injuries whilst Spannering ?

Post by Jannersbee » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:56 am

Let's hear about the way any of you have damaged yourselves whilst working on your bikes whatever machines you work on.

I'll start with my most recent of having a dumb moment and taking a rag to my moving chain which then caught pulling the rag and my finger tips between the chain and the rear sprocket :oops: out of action for a month or so now.
0 x

Wirralman

Re: Your Injuries whilst Spannering ?

Post by Wirralman » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:51 am

Standard MT injury to pride

Despite being told that oil spurts out when you remove the drain plug, I failed to catch the initial gush of oil hence messy puddle on floor Even worse, it's happened more than once😡
1 x

Mr Shiney

Post by Mr Shiney » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:54 am

Ground the end of my finger off with a flap disk!
1 x
97 MT350 - 500e hybrid GL 72 AA
MT604 - 350 Hybrid - Blue Thunder.... 53 KL 70
2013 Kawasaki Z1000SX
Mighty XR400
Even mightier CanAm250
Peugeot Kisbee Scoot 102cc
Ex RAF Defender 90

Why do you need so many bikes when you only have one bum? Girls eh!

hounddog
Global Moderator

Post by hounddog » Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:12 pm

Laying on garage floor working on a bike and managed to pull the bike off the stand down on top of me, sustaining a cracked rib :lol:
2 x
Ian
------------------------------------

Harley Davidson MT350e
Armstrong MT500e
Armstrong MT500 - next project

Jannersbee

Post by Jannersbee » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:33 pm

hounddog wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:12 pm
Laying on garage floor working on a bike and managed to pull the bike off the stand down on top of me, sustaining a cracked rib :lol:
Impressive haha
0 x

appyarry

Post by appyarry » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:36 am

Jannersbee wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:56 am
I'll start with my most recent of having a dumb moment and taking a rag to my moving chain which then caught pulling the rag and my finger tips between the chain and the rear sprocket :oops: out of action for a month or so now.
Ouch! My mate did the rag/moving chain trick and lost his right thumb :-( Hopefully you lost less!

I've trapped fingers, burnt myself welding (flying metal going down the boot :-( ) Too many silly accidents to pick the most stupid, the most annoying are the nipping the flesh with a pair of pliers or breaking my rear lens while manoeuvring the MT in the garage, not once or twice but three times. Don't even get me started on Machete's or chain saws :-)
1 x
MT 604e :-)
Serveta Jet 200
Triumph Tigress 250
BSA C15 to be rebuilt as Scrambler
Sinclair Goddard PowerPak
Kalkhoff Endeavour 11 Speed Hub

Jannersbee

Post by Jannersbee » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:46 pm

appyarry wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:36 am
Jannersbee wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:56 am
Ouch! My mate did the rag/moving chain trick and lost his right thumb :-( Hopefully you lost less!

I've trapped fingers, burnt myself welding (flying metal going down the boot :-( ) Too many silly accidents to pick the most stupid, the most annoying are the nipping the flesh with a pair of pliers or breaking my rear lens while manoeuvring the MT in the garage, not once or twice but three times. Don't even get me started on Machete's or chain saws :-)
Yeah certainly fared better then you friend ! Done the rear lens before such an annoying mistake :lol: Got to love a bike that requires blood sacrifice.
0 x

Laurence

Post by Laurence » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:50 pm

I can't remember what I was undoing, probably something exhaust related, but it was rusted tight and needed some force. When it finally gave, my hand spun round and the skin on my knuckles was left on the cooling fins.. definitely learnt my lesson on that one..
Last edited by Laurence on Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
..VFR 400..
..MT 350..
..Enfield Explorer..

Jannersbee

Post by Jannersbee » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:40 pm

Laurence wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:50 pm
I can't remember what I was undoing, probably something exhaust related, but it was rusted tight and needed some force. When it finally gave my hand spun round and the skin on my knuckles was left on the cooling fins.. definitely learnt my lesson on that one..
ooof i can feel the sting from that one :lol:
0 x