New to me - Series 2 Ambulance

A place for you Landy'ers to converse without boring the rest of us (wink!)
Wirralman

Re: New to me - Series 2 Ambulance

Post by Wirralman » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:58 am

In the 1970's the term 'Pig' referred to the Humber Pig widely used in Northern Ireland. This was lightly armoured and was a vehicle in its own right
0 x

TBM

Post by TBM » Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:25 pm

surfermick wrote:its got the series 3 grill and bonnet too, might be that the army had to replace the whole lot at some point so chucked the whole series 3 front on. its certainly had a life ;)
Looking at the original picture, the grill was missing so I imagine the owner has added it, although I do know of some late model Series2A that came out of the factory with the S3 style grill. The nearside wing is S3 (the vent gives it away) but again, looking at the first picture I imagine that the owner replaced the damaged one.

Bonnet is a 'deluxe' model, rather than the 'razor edge'. This was available from about 1965 (I think).

Never let it be said that I've spent far too long around landrovers. :)
0 x

surfermick

Post by surfermick » Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:36 pm

ah, you live and learn. hey TBM, many a fine fellow hanging around land rovers :lol:
0 x

TBM

Post by TBM » Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:43 pm

surfermick wrote:ah, you live and learn. hey TBM, many a fine fellow hanging around land rovers :lol:
:) Although, to be honest, most of the time was spent lying underneath them :)
0 x

surfermick

Post by surfermick » Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:44 pm

now, having sex with one is something completely different :shock: :o
0 x

TDIPower

Post by TDIPower » Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:15 pm

If you want a quick and easy way to make the paint job look good (try it in a place out of sight).
Spray the body with WD40 and rub off with a cloth. Makes the old paint come up well, more of a satin finish than faded matt.

Pete
0 x
MT350