ressurected def 110 300tdi

A place for you Landy'ers to converse without boring the rest of us (wink!)
mr v8

Re: ressurected def 110 300tdi

Post by mr v8 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:49 pm

TDIPower wrote:bulkhead could do with work :(
rear body capings (have galv units sat waiting to fit) but its a SW so all the liner and bench seats need to come out.
rhs bulkhead outrigger needs replacing
sailsbury is grumbling when you turn the rhs half shaft (i thought it was wheel bearings so did all them)
needs new props
battery box need patching up
needs a second row set of doors
getting a lot of bump steer so the pan hard rod bushes need doing again
drop arm ball joint needs doing again (crap pattern parts only last 18months)
can of paint chucking at it

meant to be heading down to italy on bikes again but that might not happen either.

Pete
hi pete
you can replace the rear axle as a whole if its a salisbury before you leave, thats your biggest problem. the rest is straight forward. bring the materials, steel, paint, mig wire and gas etc. get oe bushes always, the drop arm balljoint usually its the spring beneath the joint, looses its tension, get a oe kit.
painting it is time panel beating and filler. if you want to change panels and doors with you. removing interior is pretty quick.
my experience is if you skip on effort the project is just as bad as using dodgy kit.
doesnt sound too bad. jon
0 x

TDIPower

Post by TDIPower » Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:05 pm

yeah its all stuff i can do given space.

See how things pan out.

Given its got 230,000miles on the clock its no supprise things are getting worn lol

Pete
0 x
MT350

mr v8

Post by mr v8 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:20 pm

230,000 is high but not abnormal, which model and engine and yr is it?

basically turn up with pile of bits etc and you can knock some sense into it, i will keep you right and am available if you need help / bits doing. camp over is no trouble right next to wshop in orchard,

the key thing is to get the majority of stuff you need, I just got a full set of stuff from uk for doing my rangy axle in about 4 days. so not too difficult. anything else we fabricate new.
0 x

TDIPower

Post by TDIPower » Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:21 am

its the proper 200tdi 1992 K reg 110 SW (not the self leveled CSW). Ive been through most of the brands of bushes and came back to Genuine a few years back, I got fed up of replacing the radius arm bushes, but for some reaons it does eat the panhard rod bushes. Its got genuine HD front and rear drivers side springs (so it sits level all round even with the winch) im not a big fan of the 110's arse in the air look. Procomp shocks +2" on the rear and +1" on the fronts, the springs just unseat on full travel.
Full southdown underbody protection.

I did have the valves replaced at 232 (its actualy on 240 I looked on the way in to work today) and did the big end shells, had the fuel pump rebuilt and uprated for vegi also the injectors. Made a massive improvment on the power and MPG.

Once we get the decoration done in the house and I can get to anything (i cant even get to bikes in the garage!!) I hope to be able to sit down on the new sofa with a brew and be able to relax and chat to Luisella about what we are going to do in the next year.

Pete
0 x
MT350

mr v8

Post by mr v8 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:46 pm

sounds ok. dont worry about eating panhard bushes, loads do it, it seems any tyre bigger than a 205 16 and it tends to eat them, i got two here that do it, one has the later track end type joint and it does it also. the thing to watch on all 110's is your front wheel brgs, they get loose quick, and one day you do a sharp stop and your brake pedal goes to the floor cause the wobbling disc backs your front pads off.
enjoy your new sofa, I didnt see mine for 4 yrs, heaven when it came out of storage!
0 x

ellrider

Post by ellrider » Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:08 pm

mr v8 wrote:book a long holiday, buy the stuff, come down and do it! if you want to of course. I keep open shop here. camping free!
I haven't got a Landrover but I'll come and watch. :D

Mark.
0 x
Be who you are and say what you feel because those that
matter don't mind and those that mind don't matter!

mr v8

Post by mr v8 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:51 pm

ellrider wrote:
mr v8 wrote:book a long holiday, buy the stuff, come down and do it! if you want to of course. I keep open shop here. camping free!
I haven't got a Landrover but I'll come and watch. :D

Mark.
all welcome. more hands make light work, that is what clubs should be about.
0 x

mart

Post by mart » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:40 pm

ellrider thought you wanted this section closed, :oops: oh its ok now for cheap hols is it boyo :lol: :lol: :lol:
0 x

ellrider

Post by ellrider » Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:45 pm

mart wrote:ellrider thought you wanted this section closed, :oops: oh its ok now for cheap hols is it boyo :lol: :lol: :lol:
If you can't beat them join them. :lol:

You know what it's like to have cheap holidays you've had enough in Wales. :P

Well my sidecar is all but complete on the MT and thats about as close as I'm going to get to four wheels.(on one vehicle :D )

ELLazy days.
0 x
Be who you are and say what you feel because those that
matter don't mind and those that mind don't matter!

mr v8

Post by mr v8 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:49 pm

the green roading down here in sw france is virtually neverending, no real restrictions. all welcome
0 x