Mk2 winch

A place for you Landy'ers to converse without boring the rest of us (wink!)
mtt.tr

Mk2 winch

Post by mtt.tr » Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:52 pm

So i have my landy to sell, a lovely grey series 3 but i also have installed an original mk2 winch, now i would love to keep this but alas its a wee bit big for my ford ranger. I'm just wondering if anyone would knows its value, i was thinking in the region of £1800.
Now this includes everything the winch, the pump, the clutch, the spool valave, orinal mounts , orignal oil tank and hoses all in very very good condition and fully working (it doesn't half pull, it shifts the landy before stalling)

Any ideas anyone, any interest??

(yes i still have my MT but life and business is always in the way)
0 x

JGod

Re: Mk2 winch

Post by JGod » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:33 am

I sold mine, complete, for £500, its not what they are worth, its who's going to buy it I'm afraid, had it up for sale for ages.

A bit of advice, offer to ship it on a pallet at cost (including the pallet), drain it, wire everything on and you'll have more chance, I just got fed up tripping over it.

Too Damned Heavy, makes stopping that but more interesting, and I'm sure if I didn't have it, I wouldn't have got stuck, front axle just sank (90HP ford 2.5D, so pretty heavy on the front)

Though best use, was pulling drains clean of tree roots with a chain setup.

Joe

MT500
P38 DSE
'84 Mini Sprite
Just sold the '62 2A
0 x

Bunker
Site Admin

Re: Mk2 winch

Post by Bunker » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:34 pm

Is that £1800 for the truck and winch?
If so thats FAR too cheap!!! Just look at ebay.
0 x
HD MT500e 'Bunk'
HD MT604e MTourer project

You don't need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.