Heated Grips from M&P

Links websites of interests relating the the MT

Moderator: frenchy3

User avatar
ellrider
Posts: 4338
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:28 am
Location: Llanelli

Re: Heated Grips from M&P

Post by ellrider » Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:06 am

[quote="TDIPower
he wasn't asking a question, just making a statement. If it had been a question surely he would have said..'does anyone know the size off the MT bars' OR Does 'anyone know if these will fit'
BUT 'I don't know if the MT's bars are 7/8ths, but Ă‚ÂŁ25 for a set of heated grips isn't to be sniffed at' is a statement. No question mark in the punctuation either....

Now where was that thread on spelling, punctuation and grammer....

:lol:
Pete[/quote]

size OF the MT bars

grammer - GRAMMAR

:lol:
0 x
Be who you are and say what you feel because those that
matter don't mind and those that mind don't matter!

User avatar
ellrider
Posts: 4338
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:28 am
Location: Llanelli

Re: Heated Grips from M&P

Post by ellrider » Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:14 am

chippy1 wrote:
Muddychris wrote:l. A CSE grade 1 /was about equal to O level grade C, the GCSE replaced the two to get rid of the boundary and stigma attached to those who were only good enough to be entered at CSE level,
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:



I feel stigmatised :roll: :roll:
Are those heated grips any good then ?
Or will they cause electrical problems like Ben"s horrendous problems ?
? means i am asking a question Dunnit ?
Andy, as you are asking the question about the heated grips to fit your standard 7/8 bars, my grips uses 14 watts on 'run'(75 ish on start up of 1 minute if you use it) which is quarter the power of the headlight bulb(less than the standard brake light, you can fit an LED bulb to compensate for that if you have any worries ;) ) so it's not much load really so no problem with the altenator.

Mark
0 x
Be who you are and say what you feel because those that
matter don't mind and those that mind don't matter!

User avatar
TDIPower
Posts: 2357
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:48 pm
Location: Sheffield
Location: Sheffield

Re: Heated Grips from M&P

Post by TDIPower » Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:41 pm

IIRC the MT350/500 has a 190w gen BUT the 500 as standard only has 2 phases wired so you will only be able to pull approx 125w from the system unless you wire the 3rd phase in (quite easy to do). As the 500 doesn't have the electric boot the battery is smaller and won't need as much to keep it topped up.
On the 500
head lamp standard I think is 38w but if uprated 60w
Side light 5w
tail light 5w
dash lights 2x3w =6w
indicators 2x21w+1x3w= 45w (but not constant)
Brake light 21w (but not constant)
So IF all lit (with higher powered headlamp), say stopped at lights brake on lights on and indicators on 142w (hence you have the battery to act as a reserve when you need more than the gen can deliver)
With standard lamp would be 120w which is within the systems ability without drawing on the battery.
Obviously if you connect the 3rd phase of the Gen on the 500 you have 48w or 70w of head room depending on the head lamp bulb.

On the 350 it is capable of the 190w BUT you have the electric boot which draws quite a bit from the battery, I haven't looked at the on bike charge rate for the battery but a mains powered bike charger does so at about 400mA which is for ease 7w

So a 350 worse case power draw is 142w + what the battery pulls Ill round it up as it will pull what it wants from the system to 14w (1A) = 156w leaving you headroom of 36w

Yes I know I havent included use of the horn...

My heated grips were supplied with a 3amp fuse = 42w so it will be pulling less so approx 30w

It is maxing out the system when you have just fired up on a cold moring but you wont have the indicators stuck on they will flash and the brake light wont be on all the time.
0 x
MT350

mart

Re: Heated Grips from M&P

Post by mart » Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:36 pm

can i hazard a guess if they sell these things for a motorbike then surely they must be able to operate from a motorbikes power system, the only question i have is why do you need these unless going to sardinia or the proper elefant rally, i thought you were called welshMEN :oops: theres that much vibration it circulates the blood :lol: :lol: :lol:
0 x

User avatar
ellrider
Posts: 4338
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:28 am
Location: Llanelli

Re: Heated Grips from M&P

Post by ellrider » Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:07 pm

mart wrote:can i hazard a guess if they sell these things for a motorbike then surely they must be able to operate from a motorbikes power system, the only question i have is why do you need these unless going to sardinia or the proper elefant rally, i thought you were called welshMEN :oops: theres that much vibration it circulates the blood :lol: :lol: :lol:
Remember how cold you were Sunday morning(until you tried to start your bike).................I wasn't. :lol:
0 x
Be who you are and say what you feel because those that
matter don't mind and those that mind don't matter!

mart

Re: Heated Grips from M&P

Post by mart » Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:30 pm

ellrider wrote:
mart wrote:can i hazard a guess if they sell these things for a motorbike then surely they must be able to operate from a motorbikes power system, the only question i have is why do you need these unless going to sardinia or the proper elefant rally, i thought you were called welshMEN :oops: theres that much vibration it circulates the blood :lol: :lol: :lol:
Remember how cold you were Sunday morning(until you tried to start your bike).................I wasn't. :lol:
you didn,t get up till sun afternoon,how would you know it was cold, :roll: also most people get woke up with a dawn chorus off the birds, but in wales you get bhaarfed dont you, hughy :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
0 x

User avatar
ellrider
Posts: 4338
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:28 am
Location: Llanelli

Re: Heated Grips from M&P

Post by ellrider » Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:15 pm

mart wrote:
ellrider wrote:
mart wrote:can i hazard a guess if they sell these things for a motorbike then surely they must be able to operate from a motorbikes power system, the only question i have is why do you need these unless going to sardinia or the proper elefant rally, i thought you were called welshMEN :oops: theres that much vibration it circulates the blood :lol: :lol: :lol:
Remember how cold you were Sunday morning(until you tried to start your bike).................I wasn't. :lol:
you didn,t get up till sun afternoon,how would you know it was cold, :roll: also most people get woke up with a dawn chorus off the birds, but in wales you get bhaarfed dont you, hughy :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
That was hughy, lewy and dewy.

Never take a drink off an englishman, he's bound to of poisoned it. :lol:
0 x
Be who you are and say what you feel because those that
matter don't mind and those that mind don't matter!

TheEnglishman

Re: Heated Grips from M&P

Post by TheEnglishman » Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:50 pm

ellrider wrote: ...Never take a drink off an englishman...:

Oi! Cheeky git!


:D
0 x

User avatar
ellrider
Posts: 4338
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:28 am
Location: Llanelli

Re: Heated Grips from M&P

Post by ellrider » Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:48 pm

TheEnglishman wrote:
ellrider wrote: ...Never take a drink off an englishman...:

Oi! Cheeky git!


:D
You keep buying them, I'll keep drinking them. :D
0 x
Be who you are and say what you feel because those that
matter don't mind and those that mind don't matter!

mart

Re: Heated Grips from M&P

Post by mart » Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:39 pm

ellrider wrote:
TheEnglishman wrote:
ellrider wrote: ...Never take a drink off an englishman...:

Oi! Cheeky git!


:D
You keep buying them, I'll keep drinking them. :D
dont you mean recycling them at 3 am :lol: :lol: :lol:
0 x

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest