Eaton Maudit
Wellingbourough
Northants
NN29 7NR
0 x

mtt.tr

Re: Shot Blaster

Post by mtt.tr » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:53 pm

had an idea why doesnt this become a sticky and people put in the shot basting company they use so we cover most locations with local blasters?
0 x

arceye

Post by arceye » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:37 pm

Got my own blaster at work which comes in handy for homers.
My manager would be surprised if he knew how many bike parts have been machined, welded and blasted on the premises. :twisted:
0 x
MT 405
Phil

rob reznik

Post by rob reznik » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:19 am

I do my own sandblasting as the trucks are generally too big to take in - I have a Hodge Clemco pot and an old hydro vane compressor but can only blast during the summer days as I have to do it outside and usually allocate 'sand blasting days' - if anyone wants a few bits doing and is prepared to wait until I'm blasting myself feel free to bring anything along - FOC to members as long as its not too much and if it is I could do with a drink to pay for the red diesel as that dam machine drinks more than me!!! - done loads of bike frames and would suggest blocking up any holes that have bearings or seals inside - I cut lengths of allthread and fix them with small round pieces of ply on either side of holes - anyone thinking of powder coating parts afterwards should also put some old bolts in any threaded areas - I'm at ST19 5NX
0 x

TheEnglishman

Post by TheEnglishman » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:47 pm

mtt.tr wrote:had an idea why doesnt this become a sticky and people put in the shot basting company they use so we cover most locations with local blasters?

Great idea, as I'm looking for a shot blaster/powder coater near me (West London/M3 corridor)
0 x