Soon to be owner of Mt500 with electric start conversion.

Show us what you're working on (MT or very very closelyy related subjects only please).
Wirralman

Re: Soon to be owner of Mt500 with electric start conversion.

Post by Wirralman » Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:00 pm

Regarding the quality of the paint job and authenticity I can recall being ordered to dawb Matt black patches and thinned down NATO green patches on brand new armoured cars This wasn't in a paint shop rather on the hard standing alongside the vehicle hangars That might sound totally stupid but after you've tried to spot enemy forces at 2000 metres you know it actually makes good sense
If you want to have a show bike then that is your choice The forum has the full range of owners from 'correct' to the last detail to ' As long as it goes I couldn't care what it looks like' Neither is right or wrong,
0 x

Rodders

Post by Rodders » Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:53 pm

Wirralman wrote:Regarding the quality of the paint job and authenticity I can recall being ordered to dawb Matt black patches and thinned down NATO green patches on brand new armoured cars This wasn't in a paint shop rather on the hard standing alongside the vehicle hangars That might sound totally stupid but after you've tried to spot enemy forces at 2000 metres you know it actually makes good sense
If you want to have a show bike then that is your choice The forum has the full range of owners from 'correct' to the last detail to ' As long as it goes I couldn't care what it looks like' Neither is right or wrong,
Well, I sat with a beer in the garage last night and discussed (with the dog) the options at great length. Really torn at the mo what to do but ive got too many projects on the go to restore her to "show" condition. This needs to be a bike that I can ride and not worry about the odd scratch etc. Hopefully I can get really stuck in next week and have her on the road ASAP.
0 x

Wirralman

Post by Wirralman » Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:16 pm

Sorry about typo , now corrected
The approach of 'Just mettle it mechanically then go and enjoy it' is good in my book
For those with the time who wish to fettle to probably better than factory standard that too is good
The difference between normal bikes and MTs is that either approach is acceptable
The key thing is to enjoy it
0 x