Red's mt

Show us what you're working on (MT or very very closelyy related subjects only please).
jungleMTbiker

Re: Red's mt

Post by jungleMTbiker » Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:09 pm

What swinging arm are you running there? Looks like maybe a Honda CR unit in the process of being converted to dual shock?
0 x
--1985 Armstrong MT500, was 05 KE 27, currently hibernating in Surrey while I am back at work in Papua New Guinea.
--Fond hopes/dreams for my MT's future: electric start, Minterised 555 engine, disc front brake, better rear suspension

Red

Post by Red » Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:49 pm

Nah not as adventurous as that, ccm 604 swinger/wheel at the back as its relatively easy to align as also built around the rotax lump.

Spot on that I'm converting it to twinshock, Got fitting the front end finished this weekend so have a good idea of where to get them mounted now
(hat tip to George for the bearings and lovely stainless spacer)
0 x

Red

Post by Red » Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:46 pm

some real boringness

Combined the rack mounting with the exhaust and trimmed off the indicator&side rack brackets as I'm not using them
0 x

Red

Post by Red » Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:00 pm

Got the link pipe made up and welded in, no small feat dodging everything with that pipe

Made up a inlet stub for the vm44, still needs cutting to length once I've worked out the length for inlet resonance, left a little extra tollerance in there for the carb to be overbored

0 x

Red

Post by Red » Mon May 02, 2016 2:46 pm

Made some stainless mounts for the standard headlight on the paioli forks...fiddly lil job! Slight rise on the bars as well so I could drop the forks through the yoke a little
0 x

Red

Post by Red » Fri May 27, 2016 6:55 am

Having a review of this one got some parts on the way to make up a slightly more competitive chassis so this one will be coming up for sale soon (to be posted in relevant section of course)
0 x

Red

Post by Red » Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:39 pm

After a revisit to the drawing board as the motor plans have got a a little overboard for a traile decided to dedicate to supermoto and have it for track only save on the headaches of registering/keep registration as with the current system wouldn't meet any criteria to keep a reg with the modifications...yawn, but that's the world we live in now, plus supermoto does look fun ;)

Working on giving the frame a good trim, surprising how much can come off one of them but keep the basic shape, won't use the bash now just run it semi open cradle, as been watching supermoto racing and can't see a need for one, ditched the head mount too as found reference to this causing head problems on tuned motors from engine expansion

Got a later ccm 604 on the way to offer up some goodies to the bike as well
0 x

Red

Post by Red » Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:58 pm

0 x

Red

Post by Red » Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:20 pm

Lil mockup to markup where the new frame bracing needs to be (and motivation getting a little too used to it just being a frame)

More trimming and welding on the frame join & new braces welded in with the subframe lifted 2 centimetres.

Image[/url]

The extra 2 cm welded into the subframe upright, closes up the seat gap (so worth the effort if you've ever caught your
Nuts in that getting forward to slide a corner!!!!) and think the seat follows the line of the tank better

0 x

Red

Post by Red » Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:22 pm

Some keyhole surgery, even the plan b in the manual with the rocket launcher ain't guna mark that steering lock housing!
0 x