Felix's project bike

Show us what you're working on (MT or very very closelyy related subjects only please).
Laurence

Re: Felix's project bike

Post by Laurence » Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:01 pm

Amongst other jobs, I got round to fitting the exhaust today. Thanks to MadStu for selling us the link pipe, it fits like a glove and works great with the ccm silencer. Shame the cable ties won’t last long, I need to dig out a bracket from the shed..

And why is it that ex stores parts never seem to fit...?
No way in hell would that 90 degree fitting ever work with an original master cylinder. Fortunately, I’ve got a stock of other angles.

0 x
..VFR 400..
..MT 350..
..Enfield Explorer..

lardmarc

Post by lardmarc » Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:10 pm

Laurence wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:01 pm
No way in hell would that 90 degree fitting ever work with an original master cylinder. Fortunately, I’ve got a stock of other angles.
Venhill are a waste of time matey, they use a different system of measurement to everyone else as well. I've had wrong hose from them for RD, fireblade, XS so I haven't used them for years. I thought I'd give them another chance when I needed a hose for the Transalp, guess what? It was wrong, utterly useless.
1 x
“Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so.” (Adams, 2009).

Laurence

Post by Laurence » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:01 pm

lardmarc wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:10 pm
Venhill are a waste of time mate
Who else are you using for hoses?

Tonight’s been about replacing knackered anti vibe rubbers and a top yolk with stripped pinch bolt threads..

0 x
..VFR 400..
..MT 350..
..Enfield Explorer..