What have you done to your MT today ? contd

For all that relates to both Armstrong MT 500 and Harley Davidson MT 350
Rockin-ham
Posts: 240
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:32 pm
Location: Rotherham, Yorkshire

Re: What have you done to your MT today ? contd

Post by Rockin-ham » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:18 am

Started fifth or six kick not after being run since November, went for 4 mile spin- all OK. Ordered a new battery.
0 x
1986 MT 500
Ariel Red Hunter.
GL 500. x4.
Yamaha 1100.

deadgrass.
Posts: 972
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:32 pm
Location: sheffield

Re: What have you done to your MT today ? contd

Post by deadgrass. » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:35 pm

Rockin-ham wrote: ↑
Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:18 am
Started fifth or six kick not after being run since November, went for 4 mile spin- all OK. Ordered a new battery.
nice one ron,
good to know the mt's still going strong.

dave.
1 x
born to be waserk
thank god for atheism.
sometimes your front legs need to be stiff and the fur on your arse vertical.

User avatar
Korky
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:50 pm
Location: Exeter

Re: What have you done to your MT today ? contd

Post by Korky » Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:26 am

Jet washed the MT (second clean in 2 years) taking care not to aim at sensitive electrical bits. Finished, started first time and off home. Took her up to 70 ish trying to blow dry it . Got to half mile from home and she died and would not start again.
I pushed her nearly half a mile nearly giving myself a heart attack but gave up on the final steep hill so left her in a gateway and walked home.
I returned to the bike a few hours later with my son to help me push her up the hill. Guess what? the thing started first time! Lesson learned don't clean the bike!
2 x
H-D MT500
Land Rover Defender 300Tdi

Wirralman
Posts: 5205
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:45 am
Location: Wirral, Merseyside

Re: What have you done to your MT today ? contd

Post by Wirralman » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:34 am

Korky wrote: ↑
Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:26 am
Jet washed the MT (second clean in 2 years) taking care not to aim at sensitive electrical bits. Finished, started first time and off home. Took her up to 70 ish trying to blow dry it . Got to half mile from home and she died and would not start again.
I pushed her nearly half a mile nearly giving myself a heart attack but gave up on the final steep hill so left her in a gateway and walked home.
I returned to the bike a few hours later with my son to help me push her up the hill. Guess what? the thing started first time! Lesson learned don't clean the bike!
You now own MT Tee shirt number 6 ( see the second topic in this General section)
0 x

User avatar
Korky
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:50 pm
Location: Exeter

Re: What have you done to your MT today ? contd

Post by Korky » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:20 pm

Wirralman wrote: ↑
Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:34 am
Korky wrote: ↑
Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:26 am
Jet washed the MT (second clean in 2 years) taking care not to aim at sensitive electrical bits. Finished, started first time and off home. Took her up to 70 ish trying to blow dry it . Got to half mile from home and she died and would not start again.
I pushed her nearly half a mile nearly giving myself a heart attack but gave up on the final steep hill so left her in a gateway and walked home.
I returned to the bike a few hours later with my son to help me push her up the hill. Guess what? the thing started first time! Lesson learned don't clean the bike!
You now own MT Tee shirt number 6 ( see the second topic in this General section)
Yeah I agree, but nearly all the problems apply to my bike.
0 x
H-D MT500
Land Rover Defender 300Tdi

highland al
Posts: 96
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:18 pm
Location: uk Scotland

Re: What have you done to your MT today ? contd

Post by highland al » Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:04 pm

Replaced led indicator relay, as the last one went faulty. 99p from the bay.
Highland al.
0 x

Sloppy Link
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:57 pm
Location: Dorset

Re: What have you done to your MT today ? contd

Post by Sloppy Link » Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:48 pm

Put too much shopping in the panniers and lost some on the way home. Mrs Link's Muller Light (you keep telling yourself it's working dear), ho-hum, have to go back out for some more now.
4 x
'03 BMW F650GS
'99 Triumph T595
'85 Armstrong MT500
'67 Norton P11

marcus
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:23 am
Location: Devon ,uk.

Re: What have you done to your MT today ? contd

Post by marcus » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:01 am

Yesterday I mot'd the Mt 500 rode home the 4miles adjusted needle to cure slight surging on 55mph steady cruise, went for a small ride to enjoy and fine tune ..... Slight stumble and missfire followed by a big backfire . CDI died bugger.
0 x

yaka
Posts: 131
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:53 am
Location: west yorks

Re: What have you done to your MT today ? contd

Post by yaka » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:39 am

thats badluck, i always what are the main cuases of a cdi dying? and is it worth having a spare just in case
0 x

User avatar
Laurence
Posts: 321
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:43 pm
Location: Tunbridge Wells

Re: What have you done to your MT today ? contd

Post by Laurence » Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:39 pm

yaka wrote: ↑
Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:39 am
thats badluck, i always what are the main cuases of a cdi dying? and is it worth having a spare just in case
They're all getting old now and are just giving up.. I reckon it won't be long before everyone has replaced their cdi
1 x
..VFR 400..
..MT 350..
..Enfield Explorer..

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest