What have you done to your MT today ? contd

For all that relates to both Armstrong MT 500 and Harley Davidson MT 350
Gary
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:32 pm
Location: north lincolnshire

Re: What have you done to your MT today ? contd

Post by Gary » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:30 pm

last week fitted new clutch plates and a sportax dellorto carb kit and after a week riding its a new bike,first kick starting,tickover on and off choke,better mpg and more pull,a big step up from the mikuni I was running and can recommend the carb,great kit.fitted a gps speedo today as fed up of snapped cables,great piece of kit looks stock and has a neat direction display.
2 x

deadgrass.
Posts: 876
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:32 pm
Location: sheffield

Re: What have you done to your MT today ? contd

Post by deadgrass. » Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:30 pm

fitted new front to my touring armstrong, also bigger tank, heated grips and muffs.

dave.

Image

Image

Image
2 x
born to be waserk
thank god for atheism.
sometimes your front legs need to be stiff and the fur on your arse vertical.

Wirralman
Posts: 4892
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:45 am
Location: Wirral, Merseyside

Re: What have you done to your MT today ? contd

Post by Wirralman » Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:46 pm

deadgrass. wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:30 pm
fitted new front to my touring armstrong, also bigger tank, heated

Image
You'll have a full fairing next. It's been done before when trialled by the police
0 x

User avatar
mt bandit
Posts: 1609
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:04 am
Location: kent

Re: What have you done to your MT today ? contd

Post by mt bandit » Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:05 pm

Took me ages to realise that picture is of the inside of your muff .I wondered what is was
1 x
Africa twin 750
honda hornet 600 now sold :(
mt 500
mt560e
can am
divorce coming soon

deadgrass.
Posts: 876
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:32 pm
Location: sheffield

Re: What have you done to your MT today ? contd

Post by deadgrass. » Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:17 pm

mt bandit wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:05 pm
Took me ages to realise that picture is of the inside of your muff .I wondered what is was
yes mick,
i've worked out this year if i dont bolt them through the end of the bars i can leave the barkbusters on and it helps keep the material off my fingers.

dave.
0 x
born to be waserk
thank god for atheism.
sometimes your front legs need to be stiff and the fur on your arse vertical.

deadgrass.
Posts: 876
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:32 pm
Location: sheffield

Re: What have you done to your MT today ? contd

Post by deadgrass. » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:45 pm

ohh dear,[why do i feel the need to faff]
it seems after a few road trials i've created a monster,
ok up the the near legal limit shall we say ,try to push beyond and its starts to weave like a ,
shut the throttle no help,
lean over the front no help,
just ease off the power and hope is the only way,
checked tyre pressures,head bearings,
removed big front mudguard no difference,
raised forks through yokes no difference,
took screen off,try tomorrow,

dave.
0 x
born to be waserk
thank god for atheism.
sometimes your front legs need to be stiff and the fur on your arse vertical.

User avatar
lardmarc
Posts: 811
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:56 pm
Location: Newton Abbot

Re: What have you done to your MT today ? contd

Post by lardmarc » Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:46 pm

deadgrass. wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:45 pm
Oh dear, why do i feel the need to faff ?
Too much time on your hands, get a mistress.

It does look tall.
1 x
“Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so.” (Adams, 2009).

User avatar
Minter
Posts: 4412
Joined: Sun May 30, 2010 7:42 pm
Location: Burlington , Shropshire

Re: What have you done to your MT today ? contd

Post by Minter » Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:53 am

deadgrass. wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:45 pm
ohh dear,[why do i feel the need to faff]
it seems after a few road trials i've created a monster,
ok up the the near legal limit shall we say ,try to push beyond and its starts to weave like a ,
shut the throttle no help,
lean over the front no help,
just ease off the power and hope is the only way,
checked tyre pressures,head bearings,
removed big front mudguard no difference,
raised forks through yokes no difference,
took screen off,try tomorrow,

dave.
Did flat face have the same problem Dave?
0 x
SPORTAX Racing ROTAX
http://www.sportaxracing.co.uk
MTRC Shopkeeper
http://sportaxracing.co.uk/product-category/mtrc-shop/
Manuals & Technical Publications on above MTRC shop link

deadgrass.
Posts: 876
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:32 pm
Location: sheffield

Re: What have you done to your MT today ? contd

Post by deadgrass. » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:41 am

Minter wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:53 am
deadgrass. wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:45 pm
ohh dear,[why do i feel the need to faff]
it seems after a few road trials i've created a monster,
ok up the the near legal limit shall we say ,try to push beyond and its starts to weave like a ,
shut the throttle no help,
lean over the front no help,
just ease off the power and hope is the only way,
checked tyre pressures,head bearings,
removed big front mudguard no difference,
raised forks through yokes no difference,
took screen off,try tomorrow,

dave.
Did flat face have the same problem Dave?
no gary [and these are the same forks]
just a small amount of movement from that bike at higher speed easily compensated for,
this is different i cant control it,
im guessing putting all that wind resistance [load] on the forks big screen ans big muffs is the cause,
i will keep altering it till it stops,
yours is fixed to the frame not to the moving parts of the steering,
i may have to make something similar but smaller again,

dave.
1 x
born to be waserk
thank god for atheism.
sometimes your front legs need to be stiff and the fur on your arse vertical.

deadgrass.
Posts: 876
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:32 pm
Location: sheffield

Re: What have you done to your MT today ? contd

Post by deadgrass. » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:02 am

lardmarc wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:46 pm
deadgrass. wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:45 pm
Oh dear, why do i feel the need to faff ?
Too much time on your hands, get a mistress.

It does look tall.
I can't,

Our lass won't let me.
2 x
born to be waserk
thank god for atheism.
sometimes your front legs need to be stiff and the fur on your arse vertical.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests