Post by deadgrass. » Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:44 pm

lawnseed wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:37 pm
Good job I'm good at em then iv only got one exhaust
is that the one i welded up?
0 x
born to be waserk
thank god for atheism.
sometimes your front legs need to be stiff and the fur on your arse vertical.

lawnseed

Re: What have you done to your MT today ? contd

Post by lawnseed » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:06 pm

0 x

lawnseed

Post by lawnseed » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:22 pm

Im just getting to grips with the site and how to upload pics straight from my phone, looks like iv worked it out and quick and easy 😋

I will be running a "how to" class at Yorkshire dales weekend along with my "how to wheelie" class

Also deadgrass will be doing a "how to bird shit weld your old exhaust" class
1 x

lawnseed

Post by lawnseed » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:27 am

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fcIJqw ... p=drivesdk

Been for a nice run out to ladybower
0 x

FordPrefect

Post by FordPrefect » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:25 pm

Gave her a bit of a wash down and then when she'd dried I set about swapping the perished toolbox rubber for fresh I'd just got in the post along with an airbox lid. The lid I have put a 1" hole in at the upper right hand corner to increase airflow while preserving the trumpets on the airbox and letting me swap the lids depending on if I'm off road or on. It's an idea I "borrowed" from Joth and done more as an experiment than anything.
0 x
1993 MT350 bought August 2017

FordPrefect

Post by FordPrefect » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:14 am

Well the airbox lid experiment was a collosal waste of time! Rode the bike to work this morning, it sounds well, definitely louder however, it struggled to even make 60 top end. Getting there was painful as it was slow to accelerate and wouldn't pull up hill. I got about half way, pulled over and refitted the original airbox lid and she pulled like a train in comparison!
Bloody good job I did that instead of butchering the trumpets.
0 x

Wirralman

Post by Wirralman » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:00 pm

FordPrefect wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:14 am
Well the airbox lid experiment was a collosal waste of time! Rode the bike to work this morning, it sounds well, definitely louder however, it struggled to even make 60 top end. Getting there was painful as it was slow to accelerate and wouldn't pull up hill. I got about half way, pulled over and refitted the original uairbox lid and she pulled like a train in comparison!
Many have butchered airboxes and convinced themselves that their bike runs better A few have reverted to stock saying the bike was too noisy Standby for those who say that unless you also alter the mixture you will not benefit One rider having fiddled has had his mixture screw fall out whilst riding
0 x

ZIP TIE
Location: unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the galaxy

Post by ZIP TIE » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:47 pm

Wirralman wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:00 pm
FordPrefect wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:14 am
Well the airbox lid experiment was a collosal waste of time! Rode the bike to work this morning, it sounds well, definitely louder however, it struggled to even make 60 top end. Getting there was painful as it was slow to accelerate and wouldn't pull up hill. I got about half way, pulled over and refitted the original uairbox lid and she pulled like a train in comparison!
Many have butchered airboxes and convinced themselves that their bike runs better A few have reverted to stock saying the bike was too noisy Standby for those who say that unless you also alter the mixture you will not benefit One rider having fiddled has had his mixture screw fall out whilst riding
You forgot the one who will say bin the terrible CV carb and put something on it that is fit for more than a cement mixer ;)
0 x

FordPrefect

Post by FordPrefect » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:13 am

Not having the money to blow on a new carb just now I cannot comment on those. I will say that I stand by what I've said before about airbox resonance. At any rate, the bike is running well and that's what matters.
Yesterday I went straight from work over to East Kirkby for the Lancaster Bomber Night. It was absolutely heaving, I don't know the exact turnout but, there were literally acres of bikes parked up.
I'd only just taken my helmet off when the first person came talking to me about the bike, a former owner who broke his leg on one. By the end of the night I'd had loads of folks over, former owners of MT350s and MT500s, some exforces guys and just the curious. A good night all round, didn't get home till 2140 though so I pretty much stepped off the bike and into bed!

Pictures here: https://imgur.com/gallery/HXtPbDf
0 x

lawnseed

Post by lawnseed » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:30 am

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VJk3Yo ... p=drivesdk Been on my first camping trip with the MT to cadwell Park
1 x