Cutting out when hot and then not responding to starter switch

For all that relates to both Armstrong MT 500 and Harley Davidson MT 350
John Breay

Re: Cutting out when hot and then not responding to starter switch

Post by John Breay » Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:39 pm

All top tips mate, keep em coming... I was in the mob when the 500's were in service and trust me everything was serviced to schedule whether it turned a wheel or not.
0 x
MT350e
Tiger 955i

Wirralman

Re: Cutting out when hot and then not responding to starter switch

Post by Wirralman » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:18 pm

John Breay wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:39 pm
All top tips mate, keep em coming... I was in the mob when the 500's were in service and trust me everything was serviced to schedule whether it turned a wheel or not.
More- grease centre stand springs, if dry they chafe through the mounts and/or the springs fall off
Ensure the drain hole is clear, left hand side at bottom of engine is free and not clogged with mud ( years since I last had to locate the drain-hole ) if you don't and go in deep water, it will lead to bottom cambelt pulley going rusty
Check cambelt pulleys for wear
Always carry a spare belt, the irony is that if you look after your bike and change the belt when worn, you'll never need your spare!
Always carry tools to change a tube, if you carry a front tube it can fit the back in an emergency A pair of slightly longer tyre levers , 15 inch, fit alongside the rear rack and make life easier
Also it's useful to carry most, ideally all, items in the standard tool kit

I spent many hours servicing Ferret, Saladin, Saracen and Fox. Once I needed a replacement Saladin at short notice- the guys at Mònchengradbach provided one in excellent condition the very next day, so I need no convincing about military service standards 😊
0 x