Weekend fun 11-13.5.18

For all that relates to both Armstrong MT 500 and Harley Davidson MT 350
geoffbarnett

Weekend fun 11-13.5.18

Post by geoffbarnett » Tue May 15, 2018 9:20 am

Wessex Wanderer 2018.
This is a big TRF fundraising event.
It involves two pretty full on high mileage days exploring the greenlanes of Wiltshire, Berkshire and Avon.
Groups are split into "gentle and scenic" and "intermediate" (slow and fast respectively). I, for my vanity, opted for the latter.
The problem is everyone else is on a light weight full blown enduro bike with modern magic-carpet-float-over-any-surface-suspension, and I am not.
Hence, blasting down a deeply rutted lane in the dust cloud of the rider in front (not recommended), one occasionally sees the deep front wheel devouring pot hole far too late. Bang, you hit it way too fast, it nearly has you off, but the old girl seems to just shake her head resignedly and then carries on.
But a new development. After these rare hits she would lose power. Just like fuel starvation. Which I believe it was. The impact seemed I believe, to upset the float and needle valve in the Dellorto. Everyone overtakes you and then she's pulling strongly again. But I'm not complaining. I had a whale of a time.
1 x