Insurance for MT and other bikes

For all that relates to both Armstrong MT 500 and Harley Davidson MT 350
appyarry

Insurance for MT and other bikes

Post by appyarry » Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:43 pm

I insured my MT350 with the 604 engine, the Serveta Jet 200 and the Triumph Tigress 250 all for a 1/3rd of the quote Carole Nash were trying to charge me. All fully comp, no mileage restrictions and British and European breakdown and recovery included.

Peter James was the insurer and Ben was the person who I spoke to. Well done PJ!

It pays to shop around :-)
3 x
MT 604e :-)
Serveta Jet 200
Triumph Tigress 250
BSA C15 to be rebuilt as Scrambler
Sinclair Goddard PowerPak
Kalkhoff Endeavour 11 Speed Hub

deadgrass.

Re: Insurance for MT and other bikes

Post by deadgrass. » Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:34 pm

i agree arry,
i tried carol nash as i wanted euro breakdown for my 30 year old armstrong [included in their cover]
it needed to include my ktm 1050,and moto guzzi sidecar monstrosity,
so a application was made for the ktm first, £700 premium offered then declined,
i pay less than £400 for ktm ,guzzi, and mt [insured as 604]

shame as i travel abroad on the mt without cover but with loads of spares [and minters number]
my master plan is i hire a van [eurocar] and take it to calais then call rac on tuther side,

dave.
0 x
born to be waserk
thank god for atheism.
sometimes your front legs need to be stiff and the fur on your arse vertical.

Mr Shiney

Post by Mr Shiney » Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:14 pm

I am insured with Bike sure, Z1000, XR400,Can Am, 350,500,604 all fully comp for £240.
0 x

mt bandit

Post by mt bandit » Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:25 pm

deadgrass. wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:34 pm
i agree arry,
i tried carol nash as i wanted euro breakdown for my 30 year old armstrong [included in their cover]
it needed to include my ktm 1050,and moto guzzi sidecar monstrosity,
so a application was made for the ktm first, £700 premium offered then declined,
i pay less than £400 for ktm ,guzzi, and mt [insured as 604]

shame as i travel abroad on the mt without cover but with loads of spares [and minters number]
my master plan is i hire a van [eurocar] and take it to calais then call rac on tuther side,

dave.
your masterplan is the best way mate, After last years trip around europe and morocco , and watching doug get casevaced off , i phoned carol nash about the european recovery , they told me if it's not financially viable you don't get recovered just paid out ,, IE... you loose your beloved MT and get a cheque for whatever,, worth bearing in mind for if you ride abroad ,, there was me obliviously riding through the desert , thinking i was getting my bike home if i got in trouble ,, OH NO YOU DON'T
1 x
Africa twin 750
honda hornet 600 now sold :(
mt 500
mt560e
can am
divorce coming soon