Coloured Panels

For all that relates to both Armstrong MT 500 and Harley Davidson MT 350
Wirralman

Re: Coloured Panels

Post by Wirralman » Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:58 pm

Cat amonst pidgeons time but I have a set of MT500 panels with Harley Davidson written on them - in greend
You have some 'transitional' panels, when HD first took over. There is a thread mentioning them stating, IIRC they are not hugely rare.
At the end of the green military MT500's production there were two batches of 50 bikes. One batch in red. One batch of Forestry commission e/s bikes in white -some of these were taken by Sheffield Parks-MT500ish has one.
Eric
0 x

as2955

Post by as2955 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:26 am

mine has a white front mudguard, red tank and at the moment green side panels.
0 x

Tescotony

Post by Tescotony » Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:39 pm

Hi there,

When I was in the Air Force we had Cam-Am's which were supplied new in green, but when we ordered replacement plastics they offer arrived in white! I was lead to believe that the manufactors supplied them in white and they were painted at the holding depot, which may explain why people have white plastics on the Armstrongs. Don't know where the red ones come from, unless there were produced for another company?

Tescotony
0 x

Roy W

Post by Roy W » Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:24 pm

Tescotony wrote:Hi there,

When I was in the Air Force we had Cam-Am's which were supplied new in green, but when we ordered replacement plastics they offer arrived in white! I was lead to believe that the manufactors supplied them in white and they were painted at the holding depot, which may explain why people have white plastics on the Armstrongs. Don't know where the red ones come from, unless there were produced for another company?

Tescotony
Armstrongs were supplied to the Army in Green / Red and White, the latter in limited numbers
0 x
MT640
MT604 (nearly finished)
Honda GL1100A For the rest of the time.

http://www.robertpeelinternational.co.uk

SRodacan

Post by SRodacan » Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:10 pm

Alrite,I was reading these Posts and would like to share some Info on getting paint off plastic bits.I use something called 'Por-Strip',from 'Frost's Auto restoring Equipment Co,(T:01706 658 619-mad catalouge)...I use this stuff,It doesn't 'soften the Plastic underneath'...and I havn't found any Coating that this stuff won't remove ! It was made to remove Powder Coating,real powerfull stuff,takes BBQ Paint off in Second's.Nitromores has had all it's nasty Chemicals taken out,doesnt work half as good as It used too,ie:Euro Directive.... 'Gunk'went the same way...Have fun ! Si...Tel:07533 543 415.
0 x

snoopy

Post by snoopy » Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:09 pm

I've had my M.T. resprayed post box red, with cartoons on the tank sides is this not done. Just got back from Stafford awesome display lads, I think mine might stand out next year.
Snoopy.
0 x

Greybeard

Post by Greybeard » Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:35 pm

Mt 500E was white origionally, :mrgreen:
0 x

Barrie

Post by Barrie » Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:16 am

I seem to have all plastics of very very dark green. Is this an anomaly?

Im painting mine racing green, wonder if this is frowned on by the green wing party? :lol:
0 x
MT500 "Le Shuttle" In memory of Jim Burns
Jawa CZ 125
Need help uploading photos onto the forum?
click here

Wirralman

Post by Wirralman » Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:33 pm

I seem to have all plastics of very very dark green
MT500 plastics are a darker green than MT350
0 x

komet

Post by komet » Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:06 pm

since obtaining the history of my mt500. i have discovered it was delivered to the mod in red.all the plastics are green. is there an exchange for red ones if i plan to restore it back to red? and why would the mod want red bikes?
0 x