Before you can go any further, you must make an short introductory post here. Once you have done that you will get full access.
Forum rules
Please write a quick introduction. Which MT do you have or which one are you yearning for!....

Once we have been introduced, one of the admin team will upgrade your registration to standard.

Please note that if you are joining only to sell something, even if its an MT, you MUST ask first or your post will be deleted.

All new members are required to complete their locations (approximate) in your Profile and you are welcome to add your position in the 'Phoogle' map. Full instructions below.

Users who post less than 1 post per month may find their registration removed, this is our housekeeping not being militant!

Persevere - we're worth it!

Any probs or questions, please email us using the 'Contact Us' button at the top of your page.
jpres1964@aol.com

Post by jpres1964@aol.com » Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:41 pm

Hi all,
Been here before but had to re-register as hadn't posted anything for donkey's (must read the rules!).
I'm an MT350 owner in Northants. Had a few issues lately and bike just stopped the other day like it had run out of fuel although tank almost full. I've put a new spark plug in (although old one appeared to be working fine), checked fuel supply which is fine. Original silencer is riddled with holes which I've patched/filled a number of times as replacement £250 but holes are back as big as ever. Perhaps the silencer is bunged up? Any ideas?
0 x

appyarry

Re: New Member

Post by appyarry » Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:43 pm

I'd try some propane down the inlet to see if the spark is OK first.

Good Luck,
0 x
MT 604e :-)
Serveta Jet 200
Triumph Tigress 250
BSA C15 to be rebuilt as Scrambler
Sinclair Goddard PowerPak
Kalkhoff Endeavour 11 Speed Hub

Force Motorcycles

Post by Force Motorcycles » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:03 pm

Welcome back to the forum!

Force
0 x
Force Motorcycles - The World's Largest MT350 and MT500 Parts Dealer

The UK's Exclusive and Official ROTAX Parts Dealer

:arrow: Visit Our Online Store

Follow Force Motorcycles on Facebook!

Wirralman

Post by Wirralman » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:33 pm

Spark
Fuel
Air

To check for spark ,
remove plug
Hold plug thread to engine
Turn engine over on starter
If a spark jumps the gap to the central electrode, you know you have a spark If not trace all electrical cables and clean all connectors and earthing points

Fuel, unscrew fuel cap quite a way to ensure air can get in The breather in your fuel tap may be blocked
Loosen pipe below fuel tap to determine if fuel is getting through tap. If you have an anti-tilt valve fitted, bypass it with a piece of tube

Air, make sure air filter is dry and not clogged so air intake is clear Disconnect silencer section and see if exhaust can escape The engine should run without the exhaust fitted

It's then down to carburation but if your bike was running ok, it shouldn't suddenly fail Float suddenly got a hole perhaps

PS if you have been on the forum before, you will know that it is best to post Technical queries in the Tech section rather than the Welcome section
0 x

Priest

Post by Priest » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:06 pm

Don't do what I did and test your spark with your pinky finger in the way.... it certainly makes you concentrate :shock: :shock: :shock:
1 x
Exemplo Ducemus

Wirralman

Post by Wirralman » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:10 pm

Priest wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:06 pm
Don't do what I did and test your spark with your pinky finger in the way.... it certainly makes you concentrate :shock: :shock: :shock:
Ah, but you'll only do it once😊😊
0 x