Before you can go any further, you must make an short introductory post here. Once you have done that you will get full access.
Forum rules
Please write a quick introduction. Which MT do you have or which one are you yearning for!....

Once we have been introduced, one of the admin team will upgrade your registration to standard.

Please note that if you are joining only to sell something, even if its an MT, you MUST ask first or your post will be deleted.

All new members are required to complete their locations (approximate) in your Profile and you are welcome to add your position in the 'Phoogle' map. Full instructions below.

Users who post less than 1 post per month may find their registration removed, this is our housekeeping not being militant!

Persevere - we're worth it!

Any probs or questions, please email us using the 'Contact Us' button at the top of your page.
Johnevans

Post by Johnevans » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:21 am

Hi, i have just purchased my first MT350, a great buy on EBay with about 600 miles on the clock. It has a full panier suite. I took it out for a good ride and took some photos, one of which was very popular on the MT350 Facebook group and is currently the site banner. I have been a motorcylist since 1987. The MT certainly has drawn a lot of attention at work! However it has an oil leak, i believe the oil has been overfilled so this will be my first search so i know how to do an oil change!
0 x

hounddog
Global Moderator

Re: New Member

Post by hounddog » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:47 am

Hi and welcome . Good to hear you are pleased . Almost every MT owner has been there and got the t shirt on overfilling oil. The oil level should best be checked on dipstick when warm after a run . Because when cold a lot of oil drains down into the sump giving the impression it is empty on the dipstick. ,
0 x
Ian
------------------------------------

Harley Davidson MT350e
Armstrong MT500e
Armstrong MT500 - next project

Johnevans

Post by Johnevans » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:12 am

Thanks for your reply. The oil is half way between the upper level and the top of the dipstick. It looks like oil is coming out of the left of the engine, possibly an overflow and gathers on a tray under the engine so has blown all over the rear of the cycle. It doesnt leak when cold. I will order a service kit, do an oil change on the new bike and then get the levels correct.
0 x

FordPrefect

Post by FordPrefect » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:16 am

Welcome to the club, I hope your 350 brings you lots of smiles and for when it's not come and ask on here or refer to these: http://www.qtg.co.uk/motorbike/files/mt350/20files.htm
Invaluable club guides and original manuals etc collated to help you look after your bike. They've been no end of help for me!
1 x
1993 MT350 bought August 2017

FordPrefect

Post by FordPrefect » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:17 am

Johnevans wrote: ↑
Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:12 am
Thanks for your reply. The oil is half way between the upper level and the top of the dipstick. It looks like oil is coming out of the left of the engine, possibly an overflow and gathers on a tray under the engine so has blown all over the rear of the cycle. It doesnt leak when cold. I will order a service kit, do an oil change on the new bike and then get the levels correct.
Pop off the timing belt cover and have a good look around, a seal might have gone. You can also check the state of the belt and pulleys while you're in there to make sure everything is sound.
1 x
1993 MT350 bought August 2017

Wirralman

Post by Wirralman » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:40 am

Welcome to the forum

There are two filters to clean and one to change Whilst you are changing main filter unscrew the non return valve behind it and renew the seal, an inexpensive job which may keep oil where it is supposed to be

Replace inner tubes (+ rim tapes if needed)

Clean rear brake master of any mud
Clean drain hole , bottom of nearside engine casing (hard to find but it IS there and they do get plugged with mud)

Carry a spare, pre-routed clutch cable Also a spare cambelt

If you need parts/service items , put a post in the forum Wanted section
1 x

Force Motorcycles

Post by Force Motorcycles » Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:20 pm

Welcome to the forum!

Force
0 x
Force Motorcycles - The World's Largest MT350 and MT500 Parts Dealer

The UK's Exclusive and Official ROTAX Parts Dealer

:arrow: Visit Our Online Store

Follow Force Motorcycles on Facebook!

Minter

Post by Minter » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:54 am

Hi John,

Welcome to the forum, enjoy fettling your new steed!

Gary
Sportax Racing
0 x
SPORTAX Racing ROTAX
http://www.sportaxracing.co.uk
MTRC Shopkeeper
http://sportaxracing.co.uk/product-category/mtrc-shop/
Manuals & Technical Publications on above MTRC shop link

Johnevans

Post by Johnevans » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:19 am

Force Motorcycles wrote: ↑
Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:20 pm
Welcome to the forum!

Force
thanks force motorcycles, i have just ordered a service pack, brakes front and rear and some other bits, do u do armed forces discount please or a free Tee Shirt ? (currently serving RAF 32 years). I am looking forward to showing the bike off at Families Day.
I look forward to receiving my order when you are back from holiday. John
2 x

Force Motorcycles

Post by Force Motorcycles » Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:19 am

Thank you for your order John, we will send you an email shortly :)

Force
0 x
Force Motorcycles - The World's Largest MT350 and MT500 Parts Dealer

The UK's Exclusive and Official ROTAX Parts Dealer

:arrow: Visit Our Online Store

Follow Force Motorcycles on Facebook!