MT500 from Jordan is back!

Before you can go any further, you must make an short introductory post here. Once you have done that you will get full access.
Forum rules
Please write a quick introduction. Which MT do you have or which one are you yearning for!....

Once we have been introduced, one of the admin team will upgrade your registration to standard.

Please note that if you are joining only to sell something, even if its an MT, you MUST ask first or your post will be deleted.

All new members are required to complete their locations (approximate) in your Profile and you are welcome to add your position in the 'Phoogle' map. Full instructions below.

Users who post less than 1 post per month may find their registration removed, this is our housekeeping not being militant!

Persevere - we're worth it!

Any probs or questions, please email us using the 'Contact Us' button at the top of your page.
Abdallah

MT500 from Jordan is back!

Post by Abdallah » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:36 am

Hello everyone!!

My name is Abdallah and I have been a member of this forum since 2008. I haven't been very active in the past couple of years, that's why I was thinking I should re-introduce myself.

I live in Jordan and I own an electric start MT500. As some of you might know, a large numberImage of electric start MT500s has been shipped to Jordan for use by the Royal Air Force. The military auctioned the whole fleet to salvage yards after decommissioning it, and people were able to buy the bikes and restore them, but registering them was unfortunately not an option.

At 15, the MT was my first bike. Breakdowns were the norm, and fixing it up was frustrating, but the moment that single cylinder ba***rd started, all the frustration would melt away, and I was ready to ride. Parts here are very scarce and finding new parts is close to impossible, so usually the best bet is usually taking parts off salvage bikes in junkyards.

So my bike suffered a major breakdown around 2010 and has been off the road ever since. I haven't had much time to fix it up, and since the bike has been in pieces since then, I'm afraid I will lose some stuff. I have some spare time now and I'm planning to put the bike back together and start it just to make sure nothing gets lost. A fresh coat of paint won't hurt as well I guess!

Some recent pics..

Cheers,
Abdallah
2 x

Wirralman

Re: MT500 from Jordan is back!

Post by Wirralman » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:16 am

Welcome back, you posted some photos of you working on your bike years ago , I found them recently
Search on the word Jordan and you will find a recent new member from your part of the world
0 x

charg440hp

Post by charg440hp » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:25 am

I like the orange paint and the jeep looks awesome
1 x

Bonnielad
Global Moderator

Post by Bonnielad » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:20 pm

JEEP??? Have you never met the real thing? That, young man is a Land Rover, best 4X4 by far! And yes. I agree it looks great.

NB As posts had digressed from Welcomes further discussion on Jeep has been moved to Off Topic section
Admin
1 x
2024 (2012) CCM MT230
2003 Triumph Thunderbird Sport
2002 BMW F650GS

Minter

Post by Minter » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:56 am

Welcome back to the forum Abdallah!

It would look great in Blue!!

Gary
Sportax Racing
1 x
SPORTAX Racing ROTAX
http://www.sportaxracing.co.uk
MTRC Shopkeeper
http://sportaxracing.co.uk/product-category/mtrc-shop/
Manuals & Technical Publications on above MTRC shop link

Bunker
Site Admin

Post by Bunker » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:33 pm

Welcome back mate! Did you get over here a while back? I cant believe you have a Land Rover too, what a wonderful photo! Cheers
Simon
0 x
HD MT500e 'Bunk'
HD MT604e MTourer project

You don't need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.

Derrick

Post by Derrick » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:52 pm

Welcome Abdallah, good to hear form you. Do post your progress in the members projects section, it should be an interesting rebuild.

Fine combination of vehicles, a Land Rover with an MT in the back as a spare. :)
0 x

Abdallah

Post by Abdallah » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:54 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome guys! Unfortunately the Land Rover is my buddy's not mine, I wish it was though, such a beautiful beast.
0 x

MT glass

Post by MT glass » Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:27 pm

Welcome back, if I remember correctly you were indeed also blue. If not you can get it right this time. all the best.
David.
0 x
Remember,
The ride is the reason, the destination is the excuss!

Abdallah

Post by Abdallah » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:06 pm

MT glass wrote: ↑
Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:27 pm
Welcome back, if I remember correctly you were indeed also blue. If not you can get it right this time. all the best.
David.
Yes that's true (as well as yellow, red, and orange and black) . But I'm truly thinking of going back to MT roots and choosing camo green! let's see how that comes along ;)
1 x