on the road before the sunshine dissapears again.

Before you can go any further, you must make an short introductory post here. Once you have done that you will get full access.
Forum rules
Please write a quick introduction. Which MT do you have or which one are you yearning for!....

Once we have been introduced, one of the admin team will upgrade your registration to standard.

Please note that if you are joining only to sell something, even if its an MT, you MUST ask first or your post will be deleted.

All new members are required to complete their locations (approximate) in your Profile and you are welcome to add your position in the 'Phoogle' map. Full instructions below.

Users who post less than 1 post per month may find their registration removed, this is our housekeeping not being militant!

Persevere - we're worth it!

Any probs or questions, please email us using the 'Contact Us' button at the top of your page.
Docherty816

on the road before the sunshine dissapears again.

Post by Docherty816 » Sun May 22, 2016 3:04 pm

Project mt350 owner desperate to get my hardly dangerous back on the road after a 2 year spell in my shed.
0 x

twmtomos1

Re: on the road before the sunshine dissapears again.

Post by twmtomos1 » Sun May 22, 2016 4:44 pm

welcome to the club, good luck
0 x

gegdonnell

Post by gegdonnell » Mon May 23, 2016 6:06 pm

Hello and welcome to the club, good luck getting your MT back on the road
0 x

Docherty816

Post by Docherty816 » Sat May 28, 2016 4:42 pm

Thanks for the welcome guys, I will start with a list and prioritise before I start bombarding the site with questions.
Cheers.
0 x

Wirralman

Post by Wirralman » Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:57 am

Use the Search facility and Board Index. You may find that your questions have already been answered. The usual problems certainly will and you will get a wider response.
0 x

Docherty816

Post by Docherty816 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:21 pm

Well my plans of a quick turn around have been well and truely scuppered. The frame and engine corrosion were worse than expected so the frame and all other metal parts are at Oxford fine finishers for a sand blast and powder coat. The engine has been fighting me every step. Starting with an exhaust stud which sheared and will not be moved even after a week of soaking, heat and brut force. Then the cylinder head had to come off for access but the starter had to be removed and guess what, the bloody starter motor bolt sheared off too. I've managed to get that one out but then I noticed the edge of one of the exhaust valves is no longer there. Looks like it has cracked off a fraction of the rim??? The bore of the cylinder looks brand new with good honing marks and there is no damage to the piston face. So I assume the bit has gone out the exhaust... I hope! Anyway I'm off on my holls for a well deserved break so hopefully when I I get back I'll have some shiney bits and a fresh outlook.
0 x

Raglan Bach

Post by Raglan Bach » Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:38 pm

Good luck. It sounds like it is going to be a high quality finished restoration. Look forward to some pictures
0 x
FYI
MT350 Harley Davidson

Docherty816

Post by Docherty816 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:41 pm

I just want to say, although the quick turn around of my bike hasn't happened due to a continuous flow of defects and damage I am finding, the amount of support and assistance I have received has been extra ordinary. A top bunch of very knowledgeable guys on this forum who are more than willing to hand over their time and knowledge to a bumbling newbee. A big thanks to P.I.Staker (George). He has provided me with countless parts and seals etc at a fantastic price. If your thinking of an overhaul or partial strip down, don't do it until you've spoken to him!
Thanks again guys.
0 x

Derrick

Post by Derrick » Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:02 pm

Hope you get it all sorted and on the rode before we get to winter.

If you have photos of the rebuild, do post them and updates on the work in the "Projects" topic. I'm sure they will add to the font of knowledge and exprience that can help others.
0 x