Posting guidelines/rules

YOU MUST READ BEFORE POSTING
truslack

Posting guidelines/rules

Post by truslack » Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:29 pm

Forums are populated by folk with a common interest and who generally like to be social. Some members will be more outspoken than others, like any other gathering.

Please be courteous to each other and avoid the following:

Swearing
Name calling
Racism etc
The old "I know best" blather
etc etc

I, or a moderator, will edit/ delete posts that contravene the basic rules of courtesy.

Please also be aware of the Subject of the thread you are responding to, try not to divert too far off the topic.

Often threads become conversations between members (Im guilty too!) but please try to have these chats via pm or email.

Let me know if theres anything else.

Cheers

Simon

[transferred by truslack]
0 x
1981 Suzuki GSX250E - Commuter
1986 Armstrong MT500 - Work horse - Needs engine rebuild
1987 Armstrong MT500 - Sidecar bike
1987 Suzuki RG125 - Project
1988 MZ ETZ 300

karlq

Re: Posting guidelines/rules

Post by karlq » Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:01 pm

Dear Forum Members

last week I challenged a forum member who I felt had infringed one of the `core` rules by posting an inappropriate joke on the forum . I note that the post has been removed and all trace of the subsequent conversations deleted . Whilst it is good that such offensive material has been made unavailable , i fear that removing is not addressing the behaviour and its more of a sweeping it under the carpet process .

This foum cannot be used to allow individuals to peddle their personal agendas . I would implore that the foum management team remind all members of what is acceptable and what is not ; and that future breaches of these rules will have consequences for those indiviuduals who choose to ignore them .

This club is all about sharing a passion for a particular type of motorcycle . The friendly banter between members is great fun to read , as ex RAF I enjoy the old inter service rivalry comments , the constant debates over green , blue or yellow MT`s is all good fun , but comments or jokes about skin colour should have no place in this club . Its just wrong .
0 x

Franc

Post by Franc » Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:07 pm

karlq wrote:Dear Forum Members

last week I challenged a forum member who I felt had infringed one of the `core` rules by posting an inappropriate joke on the forum . I note that the post has been removed and all trace of the subsequent conversations deleted . Whilst it is good that such offensive material has been made unavailable , i fear that removing is not addressing the behaviour and its more of a sweeping it under the carpet process .

This foum cannot be used to allow individuals to peddle their personal agendas . I would implore that the foum management team remind all members of what is acceptable and what is not ; and that future breaches of these rules will have consequences for those indiviuduals who choose to ignore them .

This club is all about sharing a passion for a particular type of motorcycle . The friendly banter between members is great fun to read , as ex RAF I enjoy the old inter service rivalry comments , the constant debates over green , blue or yellow MT`s is all good fun , but comments or jokes about skin colour should have no place in this club . Its just wrong .
Racism doesn't stop at skin colour mate.
You should also look out for religious, and sexual discrimination while your at it.
Then there is discrimination against anyone inflicted with any type of disability, or ailment.
0 x

Wirralman
Global Moderator

Post by Wirralman » Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:12 pm

The initial post to which you refer remained on the forum for 2 hours 42 minutes before it was removed. As you have no knowledge of any further action on this, I would suggest that your accusations of 'sweeping things under the carpet' are without foundation.

The 'light touch' management of the forum has served us well over the years, both on this platform and its predecessor which contained the first post in this thread. When action is necessary to remind a member of posting guidelines it is taken on an individual basis.

Should you wish to discuss this further, I suggest that you pm Bunker.
0 x